Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ammo tracking for spells?

the ammo tracking that works great on the D&D 5e OGL sheet, we love it. but dose anyone know a way to make it work with spells? i.e. the identify spell uses a 100Gp pearl for the spell, so i made Pearls a resource and made the spell use that resource but when you cast the spell it doesn't work. i think because pearl isn't pulled from the SRD. 

Edited 1473011218
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you please ask your GM to make sure that your API Sandbox has not been disabled while you're testing this? If it has, could you ask your GM to post the error as a reply to this thread? Thanks!

Edited 1473184182
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The Ammo tracking part of the 5e OGL companion script only works with attacks, which many spells are. Identify doesn't have an attack, so it's not going to be set up in the attack section and not going to get an Ammunition field. You could make it an attack and set it up that way but I think a better bet would be grabbing the Token Mod script  the scripts Aaron suggests in the next post and adding that command to your identify macro button. Unrelated the RAW (Rules As Written), you don't expend the 100GP Pearl when casting Identify.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Actually, with attributes, you'd want to use something like  GroupSetAttr or maybe  CharSetAttr .  You could use  Ammo as well, though it's showing it's age...
thanks