Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro dropdown in chat window

I admit, I am a macro junkie. I have macros for nearly everything. When there is any chance that I could turn any text output into a macro, then I go for it. So, after a while, I have quite a collection of macros. Some of them I use all the time, others are more like "a, I'll keep it, just in case" macros. Either way, the collection is growing. To keep macros with related topics together, I start them with the same word, e.g. "LightOn", "LightOff", "LightDim", "LightFlicker" etc. Now there is that nifty little function when you write in the chat window, you enter a hash sign and then start typing the macro name, and a drop down menu appears, showing you possible "matches". Unfortunately, this dropdown list is at the very bottom of the page, so I can only see the first two entries, even if there are many more. I can still scroll through the list of invisible items, but there is no visual feedback whatsoever.  In addition to that (and maybe that is a second bug report): When I use a hyphen ("-") in the macro name, e.g. "Light-On", "Light-Off", it doesn't recognize anything after the hyphenation symbol at all. So entering "Light" will give me all macros starting with "Light", even "Light-On", but entering "Light-O" will still show all macro names starting with "Light". Having these issues on OS X (10.11.6) both with Safari (9.3.1) and Chrome (52.0.2743.116).
Gid
Roll20 Team
The first issue isn't so much a bug as a critique on the current fashion macros are pulled up on the platform. I would recommend creating a suggestion thread in the Suggestion forum if you feel like there's a better means to handle this. A current workaround I would suggest is to make your naming convention a little more granular so you can get the macro pulled up faster with minimal typing. The latter sounds like either a bug or an oversight. I'll put together a ticket for that. Thank you for the report!