Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 6.1.2

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.1.2 (2016-09-11) Features Damage on weapons should allow spaces (see&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... ) Translations for ability checks macro (see&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... ) @Robert: If you have the time I'd greatly appreciate any bug reports about OGL conversion. I believe everything on the NPC side should be working, but haven't had the time to verify. If you find any issues it'd be helpful to identify them.
Sure I'll set aside an hour tonight to recheck the one I've done that needed fudging. If you don't need spaces in the damage anymore, it should be mostly the dragons.
For all of these. I created a new campaign, copied the character sheet in, and just opened the character for the first time, then clicked on the character sheet tab. Then I tested the attacks.&nbsp; Okay: going through the giants. Pretty much all of them developed the same bug in Multiattack bug. In the vanilla campaign, I made, the multiattack reads like this (depicted is the cloud giant_: The giant makes two morningstar attacks. In 6.1.2, it converts like this: Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit. Hit: The giant makes two morningstar attacks. It then checks attack and damage boxes. A more serious bug is that proficiency isn't coming over right. For instance the cloud giant has a proficiency bonus of 4. Skills seemed to work fine, but the attack only had the default +2 bonus until I unchecked the proficiency box and rechecked it. I had to do this for each attack to fix it. This didn't happen on every conversion, and on one, I believe it worked for one attack, but not another. The multiattack&nbsp;issue also is happening on other non-attack actions. For instance it adds the +0 attack and empty Hit on Fling and Wind Aura on the Cloud giant as well. Actions didn't come over at all on any of the Adult Dragons, and on any Ancient but White (Bite didn't appear in the ancient white, actually). They just don't appear in any way. The wyrmlings and young dragons don't have this issue. The Multiattack bug happens on all the young dragons and the ancient white. The proficiency problem doesn't happen on any of the dragons, but that MIGHT have been luck of the draw. Do you have the module, or would it help to invite you into either this campaign or a fresh one and make you GM?
Spells aren't coming over either. Again, I reference the Cloud Giant. There are just empty spell slots.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do have a fresh game, but thanks for the offer. I'll have to verify each issue. I'll check those you suggest above. Spells do not convert. They won't convert until I have time to do so. Currently it is expected that you pull from SRD or import from script
I suspected as much. I should look into this import thing some time, but as near as I can figure, I have nothing in the proper format to import. :)
Looks like all the giants (except maybe the fire giant, but I might have corrected that manually) didn't have their damage types import. Usually, it just imports a +. The ghost and the ghost giant have the same problem.
Hello all- trying to create a single macro that calls two other macros. I am about halfway there but really need some help. right now I have the Shield bash that automatically runs an athletics query for the person who is doing the action. I have created another macro that doesn't look quite like I want but it has the right numbers being generated. It lets you select a target and then chose either a acrobatics or athletics roll to combat the push. If I put it in freeform it seems to confuse the system- so that the modifiers are wrong for the second macro. But if I try to have it listed as an option to be selected in text underneath the macro I get the following - No ability was found for %{{Mica Igneous Carborundum|Shoved}. Any ideas on where I am going wrong?

Edited 1473859883
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For help creating macros a new thread would be best. I replied to your thread at&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3967611/5e-shaped-help-making-a-macro-to-automate-shield-bash-slash-shove-for-shaped-sheet/?pageforid=3970478#post-3970478" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3967611/5e-shaped-help-making-a-macro-to-automate-shield-bash-slash-shove-for-shaped-sheet/?pageforid=3970478#post-3970478</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx, Is there a way to attach an fx to an attack? There's a handy field in the spell descriptions, but I can't figure out how to make the attachers do something like sparkle when my magic weapon hits. Maybe it's super simple, but I've tried all sorts of ways of writing it out, and I think I'm either missing something obvious, or that's not something the fields are for. BTW, thanks for all the hard work you put in on this sheet. It's made my job much easier!

Edited 1473970969
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Special effects are done via the script parsing some info out of the chat.&nbsp;You can try passing: {{fx=beam-acid @{target|Caster|token_id} @{target|Foe|token_id} }} to the chat via the freeform field of a weapon. The script may pick it up, not sure See&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Special_Effects_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Special_Effects_</a>... for how to format the special effect. FYI: I'm gone for the weekend starting now. I'm really hoping to get some time for the sheet soon, but have been very busy as of late, sorry!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kryx! I'll give it a try.
Is there a clever way to allow a trait to share the use or use_max of another trait?
Vante said: Is there a clever way to allow a trait to share the use or use_max of another trait? Display on the sheet? Not that I am aware. Display in a macro out? Yes, using freeform and setting {{uses=VALUE}} and {{uses_max=VALUE}} and having value reference the number in a different trait. For example, using a sheet called mage and using unique ID to reference the values I would get {{uses=@{mage|repeating_trait_-KQagJXcGjl-2qC7W38y_uses}}} {{uses_max=@{mage|repeating_trait_-KQagJXcGjl-2qC7W38y_uses}}}&nbsp; To make one trait display the uses/uses_max in the macro output
Kryx, this is not your main job, you are not obligated to be here and support your awesome product 24/7, you wouldnt even be if this WAS your job
When using the script to make token action buttons for saves that use the drop down queries, the Roll Template output does not indicate that the roll is a save. I was blaming the script but Lucian says it is the sheet macro. Can this be fixed please?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you provide a screenshot of the output when you click the button on the cog wheel tab. And a description of what you expect to be different. As mentioned on the script thread the chat macro is the main way expected now. The query macro is pretty much provided for legacy as query macros are ridiculous to make work.
Clicking on the macro in the cog page produces this as expected; I used the script to create a token macro which is this; %{Armana|shaped_saving_throw_query} Which produces the following when I click on the token action button; When clicking on the submit button it produces this; As you can see there is no word "Save" to show it is a saving throw. This has caused confusion more than once and we prefer the queries as they don't clutter the chat. But if it is too much to fix it just say so and we'll change all our characters to use the chat macros.
It seems as though the carrying capacity and encumbrance calculations are done without including the second strength score number. So if strength is X + Y, the calculations are done only&nbsp;using X for some reason.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll look at those issues asap as they should both be quick fixes
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.1.3 (2016-09-18) Features Saving throw query now is translated and includes the word "save" Carrying capacity and all the similar fields now use the calculated ability score including the bonus to determine the weight that can be carried

Edited 1474237529
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.2.0 (2016-09-19) Features Minimum width of the sheet reduced to 417px (from 834) NPC and Spell tabs now can have less width as desired - they will wrap accordingly. Still several areas that I'll need to change to make the whole sheet a bit more responsive, but this should help GMs who prefer skinnier (or wider) sheets.
Something I've noticed with the old Shaped that we still have playing our campaign, with Inspiration you only get the icon and not a number; the old Shaped you can put a number down. We use multiple Inspiration in our campaign and it makes it easy to know how much you have, with this you only have the "one". Is that something that could be changed? Also, is there a way to add items without using the Equipment tab? It takes a lot longer to add items that aren't even going to be used in a clickable showing sense than be together with things that will. This is something that might not belong here but I would like to ask; in our campaign we have the old Shaped listed as "Shaped Legacy". We want to make a copy of it but our DM found out that if we did we'd have to transition over to the updated Shaped. Is there a way to keep the old one?

Edited 1474272187
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can add a switch between single and multiple inspiration to my list of things to do (<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/160" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/issues/160</a>). Adding items to the equipment page should be incredibly quick: edit mode, add item, type in name. What process are you using? Shaped legacy is only available on preexisting campaigns or you can use it as a custom sheet if you are a pro user. If you make a copy of the game it should persist.
Cool, thank you for the Inspiration ask. For the equipment it feels like it comes down to adding items that don't belong showing up on the list on the main page to clutter it up but show obviously still be on your character page. Comes down to having things like a backpack, candle, magnifying glass, etc., being in the same place at Potion of Superior Healing, Wand of Binding, and such. Makes the former feel like they're taking up space. Having a large space on the bottom for putting the details of things besides the little space next to the item slots is also something I feel is irritating. But I could just be a "It was better back then!" kinda guy with all this, haha. That's likely why I never saw it, I'm a plus member. It's difficult, there's many thing I really like on the updated Shaped but I wish there were some things from Shaped Legacy. I have little to no experience making a custom sheet or similar I'm afraid.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, you want the equipment on the core page to function more like quick items. I could add some kind of toggle to show the item on the first page or not. Would that satisfy your needs in that regard? Shaped should have far more features than Shaped legacy - the only thing I've heard people like legacy for was the (bad) UI. :P If there are features that you think are missing do let me know please.
Kryx said: Ah, you want the equipment on the core page to function more like quick items. I could add some kind of toggle to show the item on the first page or not. Would that satisfy your needs in that regard? Actually, that sounds like a really nice feature. Not high priority, but very nice to have.&nbsp;
Kryx said: Saving throw query now is translated and includes the word "save" Thank you Kryx. You rock.
Just confirming that the bugs I've reported starting with Storm King testing are still there, including the damage type bug, which happens on non-storm king and existing characters too. I suspect that's intentional, but just making sure since we went through two versions last night. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The only issues fixed are in the major and minor versions above. Converting is not easy. I had time for the other issues so I addressed them.
I figured. :)

Edited 1474353136
This may have been asked on a previous version thread. &nbsp;But what should you do when one character sheet is working correctly using the "automatically use ammo" feature checked. &nbsp;And another character sheet is not. &nbsp;They have identical settings in the cog wheel. &nbsp;But for some reason, the uses in the features and traits is not working at all for this one PC's sheet, but a different one is working just fine. Edit: Using 6.1.1

Edited 1474385020
Vante said: This may have been asked on a previous version thread. &nbsp;But what should you do when one character sheet is working correctly using the "automatically use ammo" feature checked. &nbsp;And another character sheet is not. &nbsp;They have identical settings in the cog wheel. &nbsp;But for some reason, the uses in the features and traits is not working at all for this one PC's sheet, but a different one is working just fine. Edit: Using 6.1.1 Requires that the API be running (which it is if it's working for anyone) and that the ammo_name matches for the ammo itself and the weapon that's using it. So if you have an ammo called "arrows", then the weapon that should auto-use-it should have "ammo" checked and "arrows" typed into the field.
Ahhh HERE is where I need to be! Sorry Kryx for the PM, didnt notice this until after. I am shamelessly using my cell phone for this while Im at work currently.&nbsp; I absolutely love the work and upgrades as it were between shaped legacy and this one. The way it automatically sets your class actions based on level? Amazing. The way I can add or alter them is wonderful. The ability to drag entire spells from the SRD search window saves SO much time for my Paladin and Cleric. I have, so far, been able to figure out AC, saving throw, damage and attack bonuses on msc magic items including ones from the SRD or homebrew alike. I only have 2 requests. 1 is that I really like how the item section for non weapons and armor was set up. It was not only visually more appealing (minor detail) but it left them room to space out and divide thier inventory by packs or sections. My Cleric has a Handy Haversack. 3 compartments of weightless items. They can each only hold so many lbs of items though. She found it easier to signify and sort that out at a glance than the new sheet offers. Even so we have found a solution but it bears mentioning. Secondly; I like how you can set for advantage and disadvantage but is there a way to set each character sheet to QUERY for that before making any kind of rolls? My players are very comfortable with the other sheet just rolling 2 dice then another player shouting I was helping! The ability to make the sheet roll normal / advantage / disadvantage is helpful enough, but that still relies on them remembering to toggle it. A query would force them to ask me, an important question. On an unrelated topic which I realize you are not responsible for; does anyone know how to fix the considerable holes left in the SRD Compendium? Entire subclasses (Oaths, Domains, Schools) are missing along with a little more than 10 Paladin Spells (almost every Smite), among others. Is there a way to fix this? I have codes in these missing spells 4 times now in as many days and if I could just offer to do that for the R20 SRD Compendium files then it would fix it for EVERYONE. Is this possible? Where do I sign up?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey, Old Inventory having multiple "pages" is not possible with a repeating section. I can't do anything about that unfortunately. You could add a blank item with "==========USELESS STUFF==============" or some other kind of title. Adv/disadvantage query is not an option. I can't remember why it had to go away, but it created complexity. If you want to roll 2 dice always then you can use the "Roll 2" option on the cog page. SRD content: If you're a pro member you can use the companion script with a json file to make spells/monsters import easily. For class features outside of the SRD there is no support for that.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To clarify Kryx' SRD comment: it's not about fixing things, but about legal matters. The Roll20 SRD can only contain things released by WotC under the OGL. Some content of the PHB, e.g. said paladin spells, oaths, et cetera, has not been released under the OGL, hence cannot be included in the Roll20 SRD.
Ahhhh so its a WotC thing. I see. Thank you! Great work on this sheet all the same.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.3.0 (2016-09-20) Features Equipment page cleaned up to show less when not in edit mode Equipment page now has a "Quick" toggle which can be unchecked to hide an equipment item from the Core tab
Also.... if I already started transfering character data over from 1 sheet to this one; will any changes require any sort of major update, or will I just see them in effect next time I log in to my campaign?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you are using the Shaped sheet (non-legacy) then changes will be visible when roll20 takes the latest version. I'm not pushing it this week as I need to do some more work around the responsive stuff.
In answering the earlier question about auto-ammo, it made me wonder if the right UI element for selecting ammo type for a weapon is a select menu that contains all the items under "ammo". Less room for error / typos? Or is there a value in free-form text input I'm overlooking?

Edited 1474401180
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheWebCoder said: In answering the earlier question about auto-ammo, it made me wonder if the right UI element for selecting ammo type for a weapon is a select menu that contains all the items under "ammo". Less room for error / typos? Or is there a value in free-form text input I'm overlooking? It's not possible to populate such a menu. I cannot query roll20 for all of a certain field from a repeating section. The current (hacky) solution is really the only one. :(
Ah, alas. But it's okay, current way works fine too.

Edited 1474454163
TheWebCoder said: Requires that the API be running (which it is if it's working for anyone) and that the ammo_name matches for the ammo itself and the weapon that's using it. So if you have an ammo called "arrows", then the weapon that should auto-use-it should have "ammo" checked and "arrows" typed into the field. Thank you for the reply. &nbsp;I do understand the API requirements, and as I said in my post, everything works fine on other character sheets. &nbsp;Just not on 1 particular character sheet. &nbsp;Uses from the features and traits do not track, ammo doesn't track, short/long rest buttons do not work. &nbsp;I'm just wondering if there is a known bug when creating character sheets that could make this sheet ignore the API completely.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is possible that the character in question has something that is causing the error, but that would be strange. Try using control+refresh to clear cache and everything. If that doesn't work send me an invite and make me GM please.

Edited 1474472930
I worked it out the "why" this is happening, but I can't explain it. &nbsp;It was the character name. "Imogen" is the character name, for some reason it doesn't work. &nbsp;If I change the name, or add a last name, everything works correctly. &nbsp;So for now, I'm just going to recommend a name change to the player. &nbsp;But would someone else mind reproducing this in their campaign and test to see if it is just mine or not? &nbsp;To test it, I was testing the uses for Bardic Inspiration and Longbow with arrows as ammunition, specifically. &nbsp;This was rather perplexing!
Name her, "THE Imogen."
Robert D. said: Name her, "THE Imogen." Ironically, I did try that, and it works fine! &nbsp;Just plain "Imogen" doesn't.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vante said: But would someone else mind reproducing this in their campaign and test to see if it is just mine or not? It's very likely you have another sheet named the same name. Search archived sheets and remove the offending one.
Well, I checked my characters, active and archived, and I don't see a match. &nbsp;But I've just changed the name now, and it works. &nbsp;However, back to my previous issue, the sharing of uses and uses_max. &nbsp;I can get my second skill to output in the chat the correct uses, but when using that skill it doesn't edit the amount of uses of the first skill. Here is the scenario: &nbsp; Bardic Inspiration - 4 uses / 4 uses max Deceive - Uses Bardic Inspiration to perform an action. So when the character uses Deceive, I'm trying to get it to reduce the uses on Bardic Inspiration. Is this possible or am I expecting to much?