Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wrong Campaign was Deleted. (Made this forum in another case that forum was posted wrong)

Deleted the wrong campaign due to an error (Super Hero Campaign) Wanted to delete (Abyss). Abyss WAS confirmed to be the campaign selected, it mistake another campaign since I was still in that campaign on another tab. If any Dev's are able to help me restore the campaign, that would be amazing and delightful. We have a campaign today too in this one, so I really help it can be done soon. Much thanks and greatly appreciate. Sorry for two forums. I didn't know if my first one was posted in the right spot.
This is also a possible bug, considering how the right campaign to be deleted WAS selected and Delete was typed out for it. Being in a campaign while deleting one from another tap might have done the issue that happened.

Edited 1473696055
Gid
Roll20 Team
Hi Triggered, just restored the Super Hero Campaign for you. It's possible you uncovered a bug, so can you tell me: Which pages did you have open and what campaign was loaded when you tried to delete Abyss?
Yes. On Google Chrome (That's my internet I'm using. I uh, don't know the real technical term.) I had the Super Hero campaign opened just as if I was a player. (On the editing page though since I'm the GM of it.) I opened another tab and went through the "My games" Tab. I clicked on Abyss, clicked on settings and clicked Delete. It showed are you sure you want to delete this? (Which is where you type Delete to Delete it.) Keep in mind, when ever a player enters the campaign or the GM does, the campaign is pushed up in the list. So, when you view the lists of campaigns, that one is on the top. (I explain this cause I wanted to let you know. I DID back out just to make sure I was clicking on the very first campaign Which would be the Abyss campaign I wanted to delete.) After I did the delete. I noticed Abyss was still there, but the super hero Campaign was not. I went back to my SuperHero campagin tab, pressed refresh and it put me into the Abyss campaign instead.  Also, A MILLION thank yous for restoring this campaign. As a PRO user. I wish instead you had a small storage that temporarily stored your deleted campaigns for at least *three* days. That way if you ever lost your account or got hacked, the hacker can't perm remove your campaigns on an instant. There is a waiting time before they are removed.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'll do some experimenting on my end to see if I can replicate the same issue. What you have suggested is something we've thought about. As we stand currently, a campaign is never deleted on the Roll20 servers. Its listing is merely removed from the GM's campaign list when you delete a campaign. On our end, it's a single click to restore a deleted campaign. Maybe an archival system rather than a deletion system would be better? It's still something the Devs are considering what would be best.