Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can a DM turn off Whisper?

I had a question and am newish to Roll20. I am running a Resistance board game on Roll20 and I want to prevent my players from whispering to each other. (This would be considered cheating) everything needs to be said aloud during this game. Is there anyway to disable whisper for this game? I would appreciate any feedback you guys have, thank you in advance! 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There isn't a way of doing that.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That said, I could write you an API script pretty easily that will tell you if A whispers to B.
That would be amazing, thank you so much!

Edited 1473697983
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Code (Whispers to GM): on('ready',function(){     "use strict";     on('chat:message',function(msg){         if('whisper' === msg.type  && msg.playerid !=='API'){             sendChat("Who's Talking", `/w gm <b>${msg.who}</b> is whispering to <b>${msg.target_name}</b>.`);         }     }); }); Code (Tells everyone): on('ready',function(){     "use strict";     on('chat:message',function(msg){         if('whisper' === msg.type){             sendChat("Who's Talking", `<b>${msg.who}</b> is whispering to <b>${msg.target_name}</b>.`);         }     }); }); Result: Who's Talking: The Aaron  is whispering to Captain Taco . 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Let me know if you have any issues (didn't test that yet..)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I expanded that to have a version that whispers the table and a version that whispers the GM.  The Whispers GM version might have an infinite loop issue if I did that wrong, but I think it will be ok.  If you get a huge number of "API is whispering to GM" messages, let me know and I'll fix it. =D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok.. it was in a loop.. fixed it. =D
Thank you so much, I will have to test it out tonight!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem!  :)
Aaron, forgot to message you - we tried it out, it rocks! Thank you so much!