Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5-12 Headed Hydras

Does anyone know where to find tokens for 5-12 Headed Hydras? I can only seem to find 1, 2, 5, and 8.

Edited 1473849274
Gold
Forum Champion
7 headed = Hydra Demon in  Devin Token Pack 78 in Marketplace.. 8 headed = hydra in Devin Token Pack 14.. (Free in Roll20) 1's, 2's, 4's, and 5's are in there too. Hopefully someone else will come along with a 12-headed one! 
Gold said: 7 headed = Hydra Demon in  Devin Token Pack 78 in Marketplace.. 8 headed = hydra in Devin Token Pack 14.. (Free in Roll20) 1's, 2's, 4's, and 5's are in there too. Hopefully someone else will come along with a 12-headed one!  The 7 headed is sadly a hydra demon and would look weird next to other hydras, even if you include that, still missing 6 and 9-12 for what I need ^_^' I hope there's someone out there with the set or who wants to make them for the marketplace.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just feel sorry for your players... unless they are building a menagerie in which case I wish I was one of your players lol.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Ziechael said: I just feel sorry for your players... unless they are building a menagerie in which case I wish I was one of your players lol. My PCs usually get scared when they find out they're coming up against Kobolds in the forests... but yeah a big mob of Hydra sounds like people need some serious flaming weapons or acid spells.
Ziechael said: I just feel sorry for your players... unless they are building a menagerie in which case I wish I was one of your players lol. Well, they're neutral, so maybe. I'm not, so maybe not. I'll put it this way, the dungeon it's in is 318x318 [5ft], found in a hex map 125x125 [1mi], on a world map that's I think ~100x200 [125mi]. If they ever happen to run into the Hydra and want to try to tame it, they can roll for it. It's just one of the wonderful surprises that await whoever goes into this. I plan to do a massive campaign, with multiple parties, possibly all attempting to raid the same location in turns, if they so choose. (Also, if it goes well enough, invite a few others to GM and/or create parts of the world.) For those who are wondering, Earth is roughly 25,000mi at the circumference, this planet would be roughly 125,000mi. Anyway, having need for all the happy little Hydra is part of this.

Edited 1473860010
You could try your hand at photoshopping the 5 headed one into the 12 headed one. It would be lots of cut and paste, but it could be done.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yes, the devious art of Tokenstein'ing!  =D
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Are your players really going to care that the token doesn't match the number of heads? I suggest you put the number of heads in the token name and just use the picture with the most heads.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
But but... I want realism in my fantasy battles with mythical beasts!!!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just say that some of the heads are perfectly aligned behind others... they can't argue, the DM knows all!!
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
My other suggestion is to use a rollable token for all your hydra and change it often to amuse everyone. I'm doing this for my 13th Age games, where hydras change number of heads and number of attacks as combat goes on. 😉
Unless we get someone to make the hydras I plan to just use the closest number without going over, but since *I* want the hydras to have the right amount of heads, I assume at least some other players would too.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Ziechael said: Just say that some of the heads are perfectly aligned behind others... they can't argue, the DM knows all!! Birth Defect Hydras! They have two of their heads joined together from birth so they move as one!
I'm just curious if anyone else has put the hydra tokens together as a rollable token. It worked out pretty well for me, except I got them out of order, so it was annoying to scroll through to the right one.