Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM/Group] Pathfinder campaign starting 6th or 13th of October Thursdays from around 13:00 Eastern US to no later than 18:00...

Hi: I'm not new to Pathfinder, and even less new to the site, but I've been mostly GMing and haven't even been able to do that for a year due to being homeless. Well the homeless thing is resolved now and come the fourth of next month I will again have reliable internet and therefore be living in a 'Proper Hab' to borrow some WH40K terminology.  As Such, I am looking to sign on with a new starting Pathfinder group, hopefully on the sixth but I would settle for the 13th.  I have only a few easy requirements, some of which are somewhat negotiable, which will be noted with this icon: (N) others of which are not, which will be noted with this icon (X)... This must be a campaign, not a one shot or serialized one shot: (X) It should start at 1st level. (N) It should use the Slow XP Progression (N) I want to see my character grow and develop from their first hair raising desperate battles with goblins and kobolds to a mighty hero that I can be proud to have led over the course of months or years. The game must not have Evil Player Characters. (X) I want to play the hero, and game's with Evil PCs are always a problem. The GM should allow all pazio official classes. (N) I personally want to play a Wizard, but I would like to be in a world where the players can play whatever character they can imagine. (Within Reason, and after developing them for a while anyway.) One specific thing that is negotiable here are the various archetypes but especially Gunslingers. I would be fine with it if the GM wants to say "Sorry, no firearms." or "Only European Classes"/"Only Asiatic Classes". ("Can't be a Wizard? Fine, I'll play a Wūshī"*) *(Which, FYI, is Chinese for 'Wizard', no idea what I would actually play if the GM said only Asiatic Classes, but probably some kind of prepared full-casting class...) Other than that, I am good with more or less whatever: Galorion, converted 3.5 settings, Homebrew: typically chaste, slightly risque, full on 'Book of Erotic Fantasy': Adventure Paths, GMs own campaign, series of things culled and converted out of old Dungeon Magazines loosely tied together with a meta-plot, something based on a series of novels*... *(As long as the GM accepts that the meta-plot of the novels is going to go out the window some time around the third session...) PM me or reply here if you would be willing to DM, if you would be interested in joining something like this as a player post a reply here throwing your support behind this or adding your own comments on what variations of the above you would be most interested in...
... Humm, no response so far?  Well, Just to see if I can get some more traction I am going to post a few rough character ideas:  Alexander Andre Mountebank:     "My father is a Dhampire Wizard; my mother then a young bard, still unused to the heady rush of combat and the flush of victory. You could say he 'took advantage of her' except that when she came up pregnant with me he did the right thing and married her, and it was not in any way against her will as that phrase implies."    "I grew up in a small village on the southern border, all palm, olive, and orange trees, with rice paddies between and water buffalo for our dairying. I had no friends save a young boy named Seth and a girl named Sarah but I was not lonely, my mother's music and father's books kept me company."   "It was my 13th year when my powers began to manifest, and no real surprise to either of my parents. Magic was in my blood, and I could not deny it's call. My father's only real protest was that I took after my grandfather's dark and haunted blood, instead of his own powers of wizardry. In the end he accepted the call of my undead heritage and trained me to master my power before it mastered me, and not a minute too soon."    "There were disappearances in the village, and mutilations of cattle: it was not long before a mob was at the gates of our home demanding 'justice'."   "My father Teleported us away, I know not what happened to the staff, but I hope they are alright. He and my mother went to seek out some of their old friends, forced out of retirement by circumstance. I hear from them now and then, Seth and Sarah are both alright, though they have been sent away for their protection, but I still cannot return home: whatever is causing the trouble there is both elusive and dangerous. They sent me north, with a fat purse and instructions on how to get in contact with some of their old associates who might be able to connect me with a group of other young 'Adventurers' where I could put my growing power to best use."    "Thus it is that I come to you: you are looking for a mage to round out your troupe, I am looking for an adventuring band to join, seems we meet each other's needs well, eh?" Profile: Race: Human Class/Level: Sorcerer (Undead Bloodline) 1 Alignment: L/G Maggie McBride:     "Who am I? That's an interesting question, but not one I can really answer."    "A better question would be ' What are you?' because that one I know the answer too: I am a Class 3  'McBride' Type 7 Pattern Civilian Domestic/Defense Gynoid with the User Designation of 'Maggie'."      "You can call me 'Maggie McBride' if you want, most everyone around here seems to."   "'How did I get here?' That is a long tale, but I will tell it if you like."   "I was first activated in a store on Saccharine Prime 22 years ago. My master was a young man named Adam West who fancied himself an 'explorer', seven successful jumps through uncharted wormholes to his credit where any sane survey outfit would make you retire after five and you would live like a king. He was well beyond 'living like a king' and somewhere into Emperor status when he purchased and named me, and I joined his crew of 11 other Androids who accompanied him on his next scouting mission."   "It took us five years to find a new wormhole which was uncharted but not claimed by any existing Scouting Corporation, then another two to run the tests prior to a jump. However when we jumped something went profoundly wrong, we were stuck INSIDE the wormhole for seven years before emerging into the skies over this world with our ship's systems all dead and in a decaying orbit. We managed to get things back to working enough to jettison the escape pods, and divided ourselves up into six groups to ride them down to the surface. I drew the short straw, I would be in the escape pod with Adam. 'Why was that the short straw and why did we draw straws at all?' you may be wondering? When we entered the wormhole we had supplies for Adam to survive two years without contact with the rest of the galaxy. At six months he started rationing, at a year he went to starvation rations... He locked himself in his room, ate his last ration pack, and shot himself in the head with a phase pistol three years later. We androids could live indefinitely without food and so when the time came we drew straws for who would go down to the surface with his corpse and bury him alone, because the escape pods could not be programmed to stick together without guidance from the ship that we couldn't get working."    "Thus it is that I come to be on your world all alone, I don't know where my sisters are or what has happened to them, all I know is that my master is dead and I am lost on an alien world with nothing but an antique flint lock pistol, a long kitchen knife that has had a cross guard welded onto it, and a suit of quilted cloth armor for protection. This place defies the laws of physics on an hourly basis, I have seen people summon fire by gesture and incantation, watched dragons sail through the sky on wings that by rights should be utterly incapable of holding them aloft, and been attacked by a group of walking corpses. However I have also learned that here death can be merely an inconvenience, not an ending: I need to join an 'adventuring' group to earn money to have my master treated with the power of 'True Resurrection' so that I may return to his service."  Profile: Race: Android  Gynoid (Factual) Class/Level: Gunslinger 1 Alignment: L/N Brom Tasdokson:    "I'm here about the mercenary job?" The Greenish skinned man in the heavy coat of mail said stepping up to the desk of the Marquis DeCaribas' personal assistant, Kelvin.    The gray furred cat-folk who dressed in little more than a loincloth, headscarf, vest, and pair of boots looked the burly half-orc up and down. "Excuse me but this is not a mercenary company, you want Saints Row in the Artizan's-" The half orc cut him off by placing one big hobnailed boot on the desk and leaning over it just-shy-of-threateningly.     "Look mate, I know a mercenary job when I see one and this is a mercenary job. You call yourselves "The Adventurers Guild" but what you DO is hire out small teams of people who kill things for money. That's mercenary work, no matter how you try to prettify it, so cut the crap and do the intake procedure, alright?" The half-orc, who Kelvin noticed was carrying a very large sword across his back, said with a saccharine sweetness concealing a note of genuine annoyance, and Kelvin wisely decided now was NOT the time to debate semantics.    "Name?" He asked dipping his pen in the pot of ink on the desk.   "Brom Tasdokson, and before you ask, Tasdok was my FATHER not my mother, and they were married for two years before I was conceived." Brom declared, snarling the last phrase over what Kelvin's practiced ear could tell was an old and bitter sore spot.    "You may be happy to note that no questions regarding your parentage are part of the intake process at all." Kelvin said putting down Brom's name and moving on to the next line. "Skill Set?"    "Uh, well, I'm good with swords, axes, whips, and nets, I can train war hounds and warhorses, and all the girls on my old street in Southey say I am a hansom and charming devil, even though none of them would date me except Merrimack Cotton."   "I see," Kelvin said putting down "Warrior/Animal Trainer" in the space provided and moving down several lines. "Now who is this 'Merrimack Cotton' to you currently?"    "She's my fiancee!" Brom declared, chest swelling with pride.   "So you would like to put her down for survivors benefits I am guessing?" Kelvin asked.   "Um, yes! I didn't know you got survivors benefits with this outfit but since you do I definitely want her to have mine!" Brom declared.   "Very good," Kelvin noted down Miss Cotton's name, then sanded the paper to dry the ink so it wouldn't smudge and went back up. "How long have you been an adven- I mean doing 'mercenary' work?" Kelvin asked.     "Haven't done any 'Adventuring'," Brom declared with a wry grin, "but I've worked two caravans and security for an alehouse before the Admiral's Men broke up when the last 'Admiral', Master Doncaster, was arrested for rape. Ugly business that, I never met the man personally but I wont stand with any outfit that would have a man like that as it's leader and the way I hear it a lot of the other men feel the same."      "Yes, I had heard the outfit held a vote of no confidence in him that same night and he was voted out of command 3 to 1," Kelvin said, noting, "some related experience," on the application.    "True so far as it goes, but that's only half the story," Brom replied conspiratorially, "Sure it was 3 to 1 in favor of removing him, but the people on the 1 side of things included almost all the officers. A lot of the fighting men like me wont stand for that and we're jumping ship."    "Aren't you under contract?" Kelvin asked.    "I WAS, any company worth working for has a clause in your contract that you can quit the outfit if you can point to three tenets in your chosen faith which contravene your working for them. Deals with the men who can't hack it or find religion and dedicate themselves to peace. I've been a adherent of the celestial lovers since I was 12 and interestingly it says in the book of the suns that 'Rape shall be an abomination unto all right thinking people' not three but FIVE separate times, and also says in another passage 'to sup with he that hath committed rape is to sup with the powers of evil' and 'he that shall condone rape shall share in the rapists guilt'. Turned in my sworn affidavit from my priest and burned my contract this morning."   Profile: Race: Half-Orc (Cool Assurance [Burning Assurance], and Beast-master Alternate Racial Traits.) Class/Level: Fighter 1 Alignment: C/G