Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any plans for adding the DMG, MM & PHB to roll20?

Since roll20 has started working with Wizards to bring some of the licensed content to roll20, are we going to see any of the basic books being added to roll20? Quick access to monsters from the MM (especially if they come with tokens all setup <3), spells from the PHB etc would be a huge bonus to people running the game.
I doubt it, but which edition are you referring to?
I second this. I believe Fantasy Grounds has this set up already so it would make sense.
If they do I would suspect they would follow a similar business model as with the licensed modules, which is, you purchase them in the market place. And, as with the modules, there is no price discount incentive for paid subscribers to buy them. I for one, would never pay any money for such a product as I have the hard copy books. I WOULD, however, buy the modules if I wanted to run them as I would be buying all the work that goes into putting such modules into Roll20.
Doug E. said: If they do I would suspect they would follow a similar business model as with the licensed modules, which is, you purchase them in the market place. And, as with the modules, there is no price discount incentive for paid subscribers to buy them. I for one, would never pay any money for such a product as I have the hard copy books. I WOULD, however, buy the modules if I wanted to run them as I would be buying all the work that goes into putting such modules into Roll20. Agreed, if they did them in such a way to be useful, and not at full price, that'd be worth it. Discounts for subscribers would be nice in general ;)
MM would be nice just to have all the pre-stated tokens.
Doug E. said: And, as with the modules, there is no price discount incentive for paid subscribers to buy them. I for one, would never pay any money for such a product as I have the hard copy books. I realize that many subscribers would feel that way. But, as with Fantasy Grounds, the cost to the purchaser isn't necessarily for the information itself, but the time that is needed to enter all the information, the ability to drag and drop, etc. After all, both Roll20 and FG users can enter all that information into the VTT. So the purchaser would have to make a simple calculation in their mind. Is my time worth the money the rule set costs?  For me, I have more money than time. Therefore, even though I'm a pro subscriber, I'd still pay the full cost for the rule set. Others will obviously feel different. And apparently (with Fantasy Grounds), lots and lots of other people felt the way I do. As such, the ROI for Roll20 may be to such a degree that it's well worth their own time and effort to pursue getting the opportunity and license to sell us the Core Rules.
Rat's Workshop said: Doug E. said: And, as with the modules, there is no price discount incentive for paid subscribers to buy them. I for one, would never pay any money for such a product as I have the hard copy books. I realize that many subscribers would feel that way. But, as with Fantasy Grounds, the cost to the purchaser isn't necessarily for the information itself, but the time that is needed to enter all the information, the ability to drag and drop, etc. After all, both Roll20 and FG users can enter all that information into the VTT. So the purchaser would have to make a simple calculation in their mind. Is my time worth the money the rule set costs?  For me, I have more money than time. Therefore, even though I'm a pro subscriber, I'd still pay the full cost for the rule set. Others will obviously feel different. And apparently (with Fantasy Grounds), lots and lots of other people felt the way I do. As such, the ROI for Roll20 may be to such a degree that it's well worth their own time and effort to pursue getting the opportunity and license to sell us the Core Rules. Yeh I'm quite divided on it, a discount would be nice, and I bought skt in both book and roll20 modules. I'd also pay money for all the monsters in the MM to be available with tokens and blocks, or even for them just to be in the SRD-y thing
Now that we're getting Volo's maybe we'll see the MM added!
Getting spells from the PHB into the compendium would be awesome too!