Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Storm King's Thunder Official Bug Thread

Kristin C. said: The way we're designing the update patch is that after a correction has been made, the next time you visit your copy of a marketplace module, you'll get a popup message asking if you want to accept new corrections. Once we have that code ready to launch, we'll make the corrections to the module and I'll post a patch list when it's all done. sounds like a plan... hope it comes online soon
Hi, I've recently patched but I'm having a hard time locating the patch notes.  Can you please provide a link?  Thanks in advance!
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
For me, they were linked right beside the update button. All I saw was 2 maps got dynamic lighting updated
Don't seem to be able to open character sheets from within the iOS app on a iPad mini. Is it trying to load all the resources of the campaign? I see some loading performance issues on the PC aswell.
Orin W. said: Don't seem to be able to open character sheets from within the iOS app on a iPad mini. Is it trying to load all the resources of the campaign? I see some loading performance issues on the PC aswell. I was having an issue with this the other night and had to re-install the app to get them loading again; not sure why that helped but it did.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Franky H. said: For me, they were linked right beside the update button. All I saw was 2 maps got dynamic lighting updated That would be for Nightstone and The Dripping Caves. These were map edits that were made a couple weeks back, so we didn't have the patch notes process in place yet. The next patch we'll have a dedicated list of what was changed.
This might belong here for you guys to see&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3909447/storm-kings-thunder/?pageforid=4000580#post-4000580" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3909447/storm-kings-thunder/?pageforid=4000580#post-4000580</a> might be an idea to close the original thread
Gabriel403 said: This might belong here for you guys to see&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3909447/storm-kings-thunder/?pageforid=4000580#post-4000580" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3909447/storm-kings-thunder/?pageforid=4000580#post-4000580</a> might be an idea to close the original thread Thanks Gabriel. &nbsp;I didn't consider it a "bug" so wasn't sure if it went here :&lt; . I just bought SKT the other night, and as a DM, I'm really, really happy with it. IMO, it's worth every penny. With the hardcover books I was constantly flipping from section to section, as one section would have info about a character, then another section would have more info. You've hyperlinked it so it's easy to get back to. THANKS!! One suggestion: on the Nightstone battle map, is it possible to move "Dripping Caves" text and accompanying arrow (see the top / north end of the map) to the GM layer? The other text (Ardeep Forest and Trade Way) seems appropriate on the Token Layer, but as the PCs only find out about the Dripping Caves through exploration / interrogating the goblins, it seems like a spoiler to start it on the Token Layer. Thanks for considering!
This is more a design choice than a bug I suppose, but the dynamic lighting layer for Nightstone - the rocks probably shouldn't have DL assigned to them as blocking line of sight - you figure they're only sticking out of the ground maybe 12-18 inches; unless your players are wingless pixies of course :)
Gid
Roll20 Team
Perry T. said: This is more a design choice than a bug I suppose, but the dynamic lighting layer for Nightstone - the rocks probably shouldn't have DL assigned to them as blocking line of sight - you figure they're only sticking out of the ground maybe 12-18 inches; unless your players are wingless pixies of course :) Agreed. The boulders look deceptively larger on the art, which is why they were given line of sight blockage as they appear to be around 5 feet instead of 3ish. It's on the list of edits to make.
If it helps, Nightstone General Features indicates the rocks are 3' in diameter and 500 lbs. (So if they were just 'placed' there they would only obstruct 3'. &nbsp;Dropped from a height, they would be partially embedded in the ground and obstruct less than 3'). Re: changes, when they are made and pushed out, do they 'destroy' and changes / edits we've made? &nbsp;For example, if I move a goblin from Room A to Room B, or edit a Journal to add "remember to roll stealth here", then accept an update for the adventure, does the goblin go back to Room A and the additional text get replaced with the original text? Thanks!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Brett M. said: If it helps, Nightstone General Features indicates the rocks are 3' in diameter and 500 lbs. (So if they were just 'placed' there they would only obstruct 3'. &nbsp;Dropped from a height, they would be partially embedded in the ground and obstruct less than 3'). Re: changes, when they are made and pushed out, do they 'destroy' and changes / edits we've made? &nbsp;For example, if I move a goblin from Room A to Room B, or edit a Journal to add "remember to roll stealth here", then accept an update for the adventure, does the goblin go back to Room A and the additional text get replaced with the original text? Thanks! Any changes you make shouldn't be changed if a module is patched. The way it works is that it compares the current copy of the master module with one with the desired edits/corrections. Any instance of an element that a GM has left unchanged from the original will be revised. So if you moved a goblin token or changed its stats, it won't match up with what the patch is trying to conform and it'll be left alone.
Thanks Kristin!

Edited 1474730495
What's the deal with npc_ attributes and npcd_ attributes? &nbsp;For example the Ogre has&nbsp;npcd_ac 11 but&nbsp;npc_ac 18. &nbsp;This results in the stat block showing ac 11 (correct) but the token and anything else linked to or referring to npc_ac showing 18 (incorrect). &nbsp;Are there other mismatches like this? &nbsp;Why two sets of variables? Also - it's great to have all the text in handouts, but it's a bit useless when we can't search for strings (ala Ctrl-F). Is there a way to search that I've missed? &nbsp;Thanks.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Sredni Vashtar said: What's the deal with npc_ attributes and npcd_ attributes? &nbsp;For example the Ogre has&nbsp;npcd_ac 11 but&nbsp;npc_ac 18. &nbsp;This results in the stat block showing ac 11 (correct) but the token and anything else linked to or referring to npc_ac showing 18 (incorrect). &nbsp;Are there other mismatches like this? &nbsp;Why two sets of variables? Steve K. said: Ravenknight said: What's the differance between the attributes: npcd_ac and npc_ac? npc_ac is the field where you input the NPCs AC. npd_ac is the span where it's displayed down below in the NPC card.
Sredni Vashtar said: Also - it's great to have all the text in handouts, but it's a bit useless when we can't search for strings (ala Ctrl-F). Is there a way to search that I've missed? &nbsp;Thanks. Use the pop-out window and you can ctrl+f
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Perry T. said: Sredni Vashtar said: Also - it's great to have all the text in handouts, but it's a bit useless when we can't search for strings (ala Ctrl-F). Is there a way to search that I've missed? &nbsp;Thanks. Use the pop-out window and you can ctrl+f You can use the Find option from your browser's menu, it's just the keyboard shortcut that does not work. On the other hand, this will search through all the text currently visible in Roll20.
Triboar Folder Narth Tezrin handout has no Quest info. Othovir handout has Narth Tezrin's Quest info.
Jakob said: Perry T. said: Sredni Vashtar said: Also - it's great to have all the text in handouts, but it's a bit useless when we can't search for strings (ala Ctrl-F). Is there a way to search that I've missed? &nbsp;Thanks. Use the pop-out window and you can ctrl+f You can use the Find option from your browser's menu, it's just the keyboard shortcut that does not work. On the other hand, this will search through all the text currently visible in Roll20. Doh - yes, realised I could pop-out and Ctrl-F when I just selected all the text and pasted it elsewhere to search. You can search the journal for entry names - which works quite well - but it would be even cooler if there were a flag to search characters and/or handouts on content too. &nbsp;But that's a more general Roll20 feature request.
Doh - yes, realised I could pop-out and Ctrl-F when I just selected all the text and pasted it elsewhere to search. You can search the journal for entry names - which works quite well - but it would be even cooler if there were a flag to search characters and/or handouts on content too. &nbsp;But that's a more general Roll20 feature request. Agreed it would be good to search not just the journal names, but great Ctrl-F workaround. &nbsp;I didn't think of that! Sredni Vashtar said: Triboar Folder Narth Tezrin handout has no Quest info. Othovir handout has Narth Tezrin's Quest info. Mine seems correct -- Narth has Quest info (which involves Othovir, but it's certainly Narth's quest) and Othovir has Othovir's quest info. &nbsp;Weird. &nbsp;Have you implemented the patch from ~1 week ago?
This is not likely a bug but merely a minor quibble. &nbsp;In Triboar in "The Lion's Share" it is specifically mentioned they have a Grey Bag of Tricks, one of my players decided to buy it. &nbsp; So I figured the simple solution for controlling the beasts from the bag would be to Duplicate the entries from the Monsters section and make those copies controllable by the player. &nbsp;And that worked... for four of the creatures, Giant Rat, Boar, Dire Wolf, and Giant Elk were included in the adventure. &nbsp;Weasel, Badger, Giant Badger, and Panther are not.&nbsp; Not a huge deal. &nbsp;I created character sheets, tokens, and copied their info from my monster manual for the four that were missing. &nbsp; I know that the included tokens and monster stats are for monsters 'included in the adventure'. &nbsp;This is a magic item tucked away in a town a third of the players may never visit, but I thought it may happen to another party.&nbsp;
Hello, It's posiible to add iniciative roll on monster's sheet's. Now i must add name of monster and roll from Dex my self on every iniciative roll and add to round list.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Xard said: It's posiible to add iniciative roll on monster's sheet's. This functionality already exists; click on the NPC's name to roll initiative.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: Xard said: It's posiible to add iniciative roll on monster's sheet's. This functionality already exists; click on the NPC's name to roll initiative. Better yet, make a %{selected|npc_init} global macro.
New bug... unless already mentioned, the Nightstone map doesn't show a "14a" marker. &nbsp;There's 14b, 14c, etc., but no "14a". &nbsp;It's obviously the ground floor with the 4 tokens (being vague for potential spoilers... but then again, you shouldn't be reading the bug list :&gt; ), but not marked. Thanks!
Gid
Roll20 Team
New Patch is out! You can read the patch notes here:&nbsp; Storm King's Thunder Patch Notes Thank you to everyone who's added their input and filed reports on this. This goes forward towards improving our product for the entire community. Keep them coming!

Edited 1475095218
Looking in the NPC character sheets, notably Maegara the Dawn Titan and Klauth, there are no actions listed, just abilities, reactions, and legendary actions. Klauths breath weapon, bite and claw attacks are not listed, and neither are Maegara's slam attacks. I believe this applies to many other NPC sheets, and I'm not sure if its a bug on my version or an overall thing. Most of the time I can simply consult the hard copy Monster Manual for the missing information, but with some custom/unique monsters like Maegara, there's nothing for me to consult. Is this an isolated bug, something that needs to be patched, an intentional omission? Any feedback on this would be helpful, as my players wont start the campaign for a few weeks yet, and I'd like it to be perfect when we start.&nbsp;Thank you.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Hi Thomas, It sounds like something happened to your copy of the SKT. Here's what I see under Actions on my copy for Maegera and Klauth: Actions should be listed after the Traits section, but before Reactions/Spells/Legendary Actions

Edited 1475115464
those portions of the character sheets are indeed&nbsp;missing for me, though I appreciate the screenshots so I can copy down the correct info. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Continuing, I was using a non-standard character sheet format, but I made a new game using the default character sheet format and all of them seemed to be fixed. The form I was using was available from the drop-down menu when I&nbsp;created the game, but apparently that was the issue.&nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thomas M. said: Continuing, I was using a non-standard character sheet format, but I made a new game using the default character sheet format and all of them seemed to be fixed. The form I was using was available from the drop-down menu when I&nbsp;created the game, but apparently that was the issue.&nbsp; Ah. Yeah. That'll do it. Currently Storm King's Thunder is designed to run with the Roll20 5E OGL character sheet.

Edited 1475368961
More for SKT (and potentially for Lost Mines), shouldn't the NPCs with darkvision have their Emits Light on their tokens set to -5 for the "(optional) Start of Dim" field, as noted here --&gt;&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting_Examples#" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting_Examples#</a>... (There may be other changes required for Truevision, Blindvision, etc. -- I didn't look into those. &nbsp;Also, not an urgent issue IMO, as it mostly affects the DM if they Ctrl-L the token, and as a DM I can just assume the 'reduced' vision.) If the -5 isn't there, any dark area (Dripping Caves for example) shows as bright light for the initial Light Radius, then dims. &nbsp;With the -5 it starts as dim right away, giving the appearance of dim light in darkness. Thanks for all you're doing to make these adventures awesome -- worth every penny and starting SKT tomorrow!
I just noticed that the Triboar map has the North pointing to the Top Right corner of the image. According to the text, the attack is supposed to come from the northeast (damaging T11 and destroying T7). This is not really a bug but it means that the tokens are not positioned correctly, they should be on the right side of the area.
Remorahaz&nbsp;bite is missing fire damage. Young remorhaz&nbsp;has it.
Chat Bug: Nothing typed gets sent, macros are not working. This is similar if not the same as Trigshot's problem (page 1) but the solution he used didn't work.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheDux said: Chat Bug: Nothing typed gets sent, macros are not working. This is similar if not the same as Trigshot's problem (page 1) but the solution he used didn't work. It would be best to create your own thread in the&nbsp; bug forum as this is likely not linked to the SKT module. Please supply screen shots where possible and follow the&nbsp; technical help steps to ensure that all of the information needed to help you is in place from the off. Thanks.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
TheDux said: Chat Bug: Nothing typed gets sent, macros are not working. This is similar if not the same as Trigshot's problem (page 1) but the solution he used didn't work. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by Clearing the game's Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
I don't think I've seen this mentioned before, but it appears that three of the bugbears in area 12 of Grudd Haug Lower Level (to the right of Oinker-Boinker) have their tokens mis-sized as being Large as opposed to Medium.

Edited 1475602694
So my friend made and used a macro in the game I'm running during testing and now whenever someone sends a message the macro box becomes a small rectangle and i can't see anything past it with no option to scroll down. I would like to know if you have any way of fixing this for as a GM this will be a big problem. The problem was fixed by itself for now but would like to know in case it happens in the future for a quick fix.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Alex D. said: So my friend made and used a macro in the game I'm running during testing and now whenever someone sends a message the macro box becomes a small rectangle and i can't see anything past it with no option to scroll down. I would like to know if you have any way of fixing this for as a GM this will be a big problem. The problem was fixed by itself for now but would like to know in case it happens in the future for a quick fix. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by Clearing the game's Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
I've been having problems in my group, one of us can't seem to connect to the game. He gets in alright but can't do anything and eventually he gets an error that tells him that the connection was interrupted.&nbsp; He can connect to any other game it's just specifically when i use the Storm kings thunder campaign.
I'm not sure if this is a SKT bug or an OGL bug -- when using macros to roll Perception for NPCs, the -1 modifier for Goblins in SKT isn't added to the roll, but the +12 modifier for Adult Blue Dragon is. (Those were the only two tokens I tested - I noticed it on the Goblin, so I found an NPC with a Perception modifier (Adult Blue Dragon) and tested. &nbsp;I am using %{selected|npc_perception} in my macros, and if that isn't correct, please let me know which attribute I should be using to ensure it applies for all NPC Perception macros. &nbsp;Thanks!)
Did the "Linked Adventures" section change with the update? I thought i remember seeing suggestions for how the characters could start in at different points depending on where they're coming from. Now it's just one paragraph that's not very helpful.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
GoodBob said: Did the "Linked Adventures" section change with the update? I thought i remember seeing suggestions for how the characters could start in at different points depending on where they're coming from. Now it's just one paragraph that's not very helpful. The section you're looking for is under "Intro to Chapter 1"
Is there anyway to revert to the 1.0 version? The "Shaped" character sheet I use was working perfectly fine and now that I've I patched it to 1.1 it's somehow not compatible anymore and every single monster token is screwed up now.
While running these maps only one of the players is able to see the maps when i unveil parts of fog of war everyone else just sees black on the maps.
Tavius M. said: While running these maps only one of the players is able to see the maps when i unveil parts of fog of war everyone else just sees black on the maps. The maps are mostly loaded up with dynamic lighting; is it a light / vision issue with those players' tokens? &nbsp;(Starting with the simplest possible exp) &nbsp;
Tavius M. said: While running these maps only one of the players is able to see the maps when i unveil parts of fog of war everyone else just sees black on the maps. If you're not using Dynamic Lighting, turn it off on the map, or check the "Sight"/"Darkvision" settings on each of their tokens as Perry suggests.&nbsp;
Ed K. said: Is there anyway to revert to the 1.0 version? The "Shaped" character sheet I use was working perfectly fine and now that I've I patched it to 1.1 it's somehow not compatible anymore and every single monster token is screwed up now. As a guess, did you try creating a new instance of SKT to see if: a) you can pick the version; or b) the shaped sheet works with a new game?