Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

List of Names

I'm not really sure if this a bug or not, but it has made my life a bit more difficult. The List of Names down at the bottom of the screen used to display names in order of when you joined the campaign. For most people, this makes no difference to them, but I am trying to manage a great number of people in my living campaign. As a result of one of the more recent updates, it now displays the names in fashion that appears little more than random to me. Sometimes I am at the very front of the list, other times I am at the very back. If this is supposed to be a new feature, I would like to kindly ask instead that we get a settings option to go back to the old way. Thank you for taking time to read this. Image for example (Taken currently, keep in mind I am the one running the game.):
Gold
Forum Champion
I experienced the same in my game yesterday. We only have 6 players and it was still a bit confusing to not have the game creator / GM at the usual left-most position. Following your thread to find out how to restore this.
Bumping as this is still happening. Makes it pretty confusing, makes it pretty difficult for me to efficiently do my system. Would like to hear some response or feedback.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This could well be the result of some work to fix the name stacking issue when the side bar is dragged to full width, reports made over a weekend will invariably take longer to garner a dev response than those during the week. I'm sure Kristin will be along later to look at this.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Ziechael said: This could well be the result of some work to fix the name stacking issue when the side bar is dragged to full width, reports made over a weekend will invariably take longer to garner a dev response than those during the week. I'm sure Kristin will be along later to look at this. It probably was related to the fix we incorporated with movable avatars with the beta Roll20 WebRTC. I'll check with the other devs if we can get this functionality back.
Kristin C. said: It probably was related to the fix we incorporated with movable avatars with the beta Roll20 WebRTC. I'll check with the other devs if we can get this functionality back. Sorry for seeming impatient, I generally don't post in these forums and was unaware of the Dev response window. And thank you for taking the time to look it over! Hope your day goes well.
Gid
Roll20 Team
That's quite alright, Courtney. This was an unintended bug when we updated and then fixed the Roll20 WebRTC. I got a bug ticket in the works and we'll try to get this fixed up.