Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Importing content from other Campaigns

A pretty self-explanatory Discussion title. It would be nice to be able import the card decks, handouts, Character info, Music and Pages fro a previous campaign into a new campaign. Making my decks took forever and uploading all the character's images or remaking a previously made map would be fairly time comsuming.
This is very doable thanks to the ability to edit the database. If I have some time I'll be able to make a tool to import anything from one game to another.
There will be an actual method to do some of this later down the line without the need to know someone who can edit your database.
Blazedd- That would a world of help to the community. Nolan- Good to know! Thanks .
The forthcoming "modules" capability is going to be very important when a rule set requires significant set-up, such as up-loading drama cards, scripting funky dice macros, laying out character sheets, etc. We aren't going to want to have to re-do all that stuff each time we start a new campaign using a known rules set.
Agemegos: Definitely. Uploading images for 2 decks of 52 cards is not something I want to do again, amongst other things (though I have saved the scanned images just in case).
Just checking in on this one. I'm about to setup a new campaign and I'd love to avoid setting up multiple decks of cards again. I don't suppose there is a good chance that in the next two weeks we'll be able to copy decks across campaigns? -r
I would say there is a 80% chance this will be live within the next two weeks, actually.
Sweet! I'll spend my time setting up other things. Thanks Riley!
You probably already noticed this, but this is out, so copy/extend away!
Very cool! I can finally copy my decks!
A couple of things I'd like to see happen with this in the future is the ability to rename campaigns and the ability to import content from an old campaign into a preexisting campaign. Currently, you can only create an entirely new campaign from an existing one. Would an "Import Content From: " option or "Export Content To: " be possible? i.e. : "Import content from: 'Campaign2' " with a drop down menu listing all the campaigns at your disposal and of course with the same check boxes that exist now to determine what content you want to import.
I'm going to go ahead and bump this. I hope that's cool. It's really something I feel strongly about. I love the ability to copy content but we are still unable to import previous content into pre-existing campaigns. Is this something that will be way down the road or something that I can look forward to within the next few weeks?
Very cool to bump as such. Mid-campaign to mid-campaign import elements are probably a ways down the road. Something we're interested, in though.
Wonderful. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the quick response Nolan!