Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro help (it works in chat but fails in test)

So I have created a number of macros for my game. If I copy and past the text into chat it works. When I test the macro I get "There was an error with your formula. Please try again." in the chat window Ideas?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you post the macro here please? - Gauss
/roll 1d20 +13 vs AC /roll 1d8+6 damage
this is an example Macro name: Angel-of-Valor-Longsword
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hmmm, I can get it to work. If you want I can come take a look at your game (assuming you are the GM). Send me an inbox message with the join link if you do. - Gauss
Will do
link sent
Gauss
Forum Champion
Glad we were able to resolve the problem. Pasting text from a website or program might come with hidden code (such as formatting code) that mucks up a macro. I will pass this along to the Devs. Edit: I was looking at this again and I realized that there is an option (in chrome) to 'paste as plain text'. I suggest using that in the future as it will strip any hidden code. - Gauss
We seem to have found the issue, copied text into macro (may have had html/formatting attached) Typing it out cleared issues
Just a note, you can usually copy and paste into something like Notebook and then back into roll20 and get around it that way.
I'll look at that. I copied from Masterplan into a token and then copied part of the text into the macro. Weird that it kept hidden formatting