Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP - Ghostbusters / Risus RPG - 10/26 & 11/2 @ 7PM PDT

Hey Y'all- It's almost Halloween and apart from eating loads of candy corn, one's mind turns towards ghosts. But instead of giving them candy, what if you could hit them with a stream of protons from an unlicensed nuclear accelerator? Let's find out... We'll be using the simple, easy to use and fun Risus RPG written by S. John Ross to run a mini-campaign where the players take over a struggling Ghostbusters franchise in Phoenix, Arizona in 1989. I'll be shamelessly stealing some bits from the old WEG 1st edition Ghostbusters game like the ghost die and the equipment cards to make it a little more Roll20 friendly. Games will be played Saturday October 26th and Saturday November 2nd at 7:00 PM Pacific Time. Microphones are required as we will be using a private Mumble server for voice communication. Questions? Comments? LFG App listing: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/9520/who-ya-gonna-call" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/9520/who-ya-gonna-call</a>
Giving this a quick bump a week out. Still room for one or two more. This could be you:
What is a mumble server?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is a voice server, similar to skype but ran by someone in the group usually.
As Metroknight says, its a voice communication program more along the lines of Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Roger Wilcox. Since I rent a dedicated server for it, along with it's really low bandwidth, it lessens the demand on a user's internet connection. One of my frequent players and I are environmental scientists who occasionally work where there's only dial up speeds, so every little bit helps. Beyond the technical details, its a free program from your end and I'll provide all the connection details prior to the game. Is that the FASERIP table for your avatar? Cool!