Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 WebRTC on Chromebook Failed Connection for Audio/Video Chat

My friend is on an ASUS C300 chromebook (32bit) and is using Google Chrome. I'm the GM and he connects just fine when i have OpenTok WebRTC selected as 'Chat Tech' but when i switch it to Roll20 WebRTC Beta, he consistently gets 'failed to connect' on my end. But, on his end, it says that me and the rest of the players 'failed to connect'. I've already walked him through this&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Audio_Visual_Troubleshooti" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Audio_Visual_Troubleshooti</a>... Is this a hardware limitation or a nasty bug?
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've been fighting with some issues with the back-end that supports the Roll20 chat since the very beginning. I was able to make some progress with it just this morning. I tested it out with the other devs and was able to connect to one of the others that almost always had issues. So, try it again and let me know if you also see improvements. I can't say for sure that it will fix it, because everyone has different connection issues, but it fixed it for me.
Thanks for looking into this. Just tried it again and the problem persists.&nbsp;
Did a little further testing. It seems that my other friend who has a 64bit version of Chrome OS manages to enter our game with no problem. This could suggest the problem is related to a 32bit OS and/or browser.
My friend can connect sometimes now but eventually the disconnect problem returns.
bump, I have this problem with my group. I can connect with the DM everytime but its always random with everyone else whether I can connect
Gid
Roll20 Team
Tacking this in here now that we've made an official Bug Report forum thread for the Roll20 WebRTC now that OpenTok has been removed from the platform. New updates and feedback should continue on in that master thread to keep everything all in one place as we continue to make improvements based on your feedback.