Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player token bars not updating correctly

I've been trying to solve this issue for a while now but without much success what happens: Often times while transitioning to a new page or otherwise instantiating a token onto the board from a player's character sheet, their health is not properly laid out, often times at a much lower value than before or without the "max" portion of the fraction.  details: Each token is laid out with their bars connected to the HP value of their character sheet [pathfinder legacy sheet], often after opening the token menu and hitting "save changes" the proper hp values pop back up, but it's time consuming to do this for each figure. attempted solutions: I've attempted removing and resetting the token as the default token for the character, double checking I don't have previous instantiated tokens on other pages that might be updating the value (I'm 99% sure this isn't the case as I've deleted the vast majority of the main pages they have used their tokens on) and I've double checked that their character sheets are calculating their hp values correctly and they are. Anyone have any additional insight into how tokens function that might clue me into why this is happening?  thanks in advance
Pretty sure thats not an issue, token hit points are saved on the token specifically, if you switch pages simply copy and paste the tokens from the last page so their hitpoints and other possible changes you made (like if they received drk vision or a light source) will carry over

Edited 1475211001
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Antonio S. said: Pretty sure thats not an issue, token hit points are saved on the token specifically, if you switch pages simply copy and paste the tokens from the last page so their hitpoints and other possible changes you made (like if they received drk vision or a light source) will carry over It's possible to link the token bars to character sheets that dynamically update netween pages. His problem is that they aren't dynamically updating as they should. @hierophant I'm not terribly familiar with the legacy sheet, but could you double check to make sure the Bars are properly linked to the hp attribute and that the token is set to represent the correct sheet?

Edited 1475224734
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Check the attributes and abilities tab of the affected tokens parent sheets. You are looking for duplicate values for hit points. If you have multiple attributes with the same name it will cause conflict and strange behaviour. Since you seem to have done pretty much everything else this is all i can think of from a 'mundane issue' perspective. If that doesn't work we'll have to look at more technical options.
Ziechael said: Check the attributes and abilities tab of the affected tokens parent sheets. You are looking for duplicate values for hit points. If you have multiple attributes with the same name it will cause conflict and strange behaviour. Since you seem to have done pretty much everything else this is all i can think of from a 'mundane issue' perspective. If that doesn't work we'll have to look at more technical options. I think this might have solved the issue for me, can't 100% confirm until my next session, thank you! 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No problem, let us know once you are sure :)