Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Keywords are not working to find my game

Detailed Description of the Problem When searching for my game that I posted, I used a keyword, "Zombies" that I included in my game description to make sure that players could locate my game while looking for games that involved zombies. I was unable to find it that way. Steps to Reproduce the Problem I posted a new game, You're It! and I made sure to include these keywords to help people find it a bit easier: D20 Modern Pathfinder 2016 Zombies Zombie Horror Modern Day I then decided to search for my game under "Find a Group" just to make sure it worked as I hoped. I typed in one of my key keywords "Zombies" and made sure that I checked off "Show Games with Mature Content(18+)" and clicked search. There were only three games at the time, now four games that popped up with this the word zombies in the description. None were mine. I tried refreshing my browser, had my husband log in and try to search for it, no luck on his end. Originally I had thought that I needed to use tags for people to search for the game, found out that is just to organise your own games though. You can see the link&nbsp; here , where other players and I tried to figure out why I couldn't find my game. That being said, I was able to find the game if we search for the name of the game "You're It!"&nbsp; Here is a link to " Look for Game Page ." I tried waiting a few hours after updating my description with those keywords, twentyfour hours, and then around four days. Still nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated! I included pictures as well, below. Description of Your Setup (Browser + Version, Operating System, etc.) (A good place to get that info if you don't know it: <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> ) Operating System: Macintosh OS X 10.11.6 Browser and Version: Google Chrome 53.0.2785.116 Things I did: I turned off all extensions, and I&nbsp;also cleared my cache on Google Chrome. 1. The Keywords that I have tagged to my You're It! game. 2. Searching for my game by using one of my tagged keywords, "Zombies." I also checked of "Show games with Mature Content(18+)" 3. When I searched for "Zombies" I was only able to find these three games, none of which are mine. 4. I searched for the name of the game, "You're It!" that is how I was able to find it.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I looked at the other thread and I see that they already pointed out that the tags you filled out are for your personal use only and will not affect the listing search at all. But, I did search and also did not see your game come up. When you originally made the game, did you include the word "zombie" in the description or was that added later? If you search for a term that you had in version 1 of your description, does your game show up? You may have guessed that I'm wondering that if maybe when the game index is rebuilt maybe it's not picking up the new version of your description and just continuing with the original index.

Edited 1475863639
Hey Phil, thanks for looking into this. I cannot recall if I had the word zombies or zombie in the original description - I think I updated it with those words later. However, I know that I included the game system, D20 Modern. I tried searching for that, and also checked off "Show games with Mature Content(18+) " When searching for "D20 Modern," three came up, none of which were mine. (Pictures included) Thanks again, for looking into this! Em

Edited 1475864106
Any ideas of what I should do then? Because I have two games/campaigns that are not working now, the two are of the same Zombie Apocalypse World, D20 Modern.&nbsp; Friday's Campaign and&nbsp; Sunday's Campaign . My goal was to have the two intertwine, but with players not being able to search for "zombies" and not find this is kind of a bummer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp; Thanks in advance!

Edited 1476542425
It's been about two weeks, is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks
So an update, I created a new game (for my previous game that is unsearchable) to add to the LFG so that it would be searchable. It too will not turn up in any search when I look up the keyword of Zombie.&nbsp; I would appreiciate any help.&nbsp; Thanks.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Our apologies for taking so long to look this over, Emily. What we're trying to do is create test examples through our LFG system to help nail down what exactly is going on here.
Thanks for the update and good luck! Em
Gid
Roll20 Team
Speaking with the other developers, we've found that we ultimately need a better search feature for the LFG system. What we have now simply isn't cutting it. We're currently looking for alternatives to replace what we have. I can find your games if I do a search via the game system and enabling "Show games with Mature Content(18+)". I can also find it by imputing the name of your campaign directly into the keyword search, but anything beyond that simply doesn't work for me either. I get the same issues you run across. While we work on improving this feature, I would recommend doubling up by posting your games in the LFG Forum if you haven't done so already.
Thank you for looking into this and keeping me updated. Good luck with trying to fix it! Em