Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Currency Converter API ?

Zym
Sheet Author
I just wanted to check with other players or DMs if there are any APIs that work as currency converters for D&D 5e. I have downloaded an .exe programme that does the job but it would be great to have an in game app that can be used by all without leaving the game.

Edited 1475517579
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
An API could be written, but you can probably do it without that using a few clever substitutions: [[ ?{Amount|1}*?{From|pp,10 [pp]|gp,1 [gp]|ep,.5 [ep]|sp,.1 [sp]|cp,.01[cp]}*?{To|pp,.1 [pp]|gp,1 [gp]|ep,2 [ep]|sp,10 [sp]|cp,100 [cp]} ]]
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I like that Aaron. Scripts are wonderful for somethings, but simple macros are sometimes the best.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(I just adjusted it because I had the conversion backwards.) a script would have nicer output, but this is very usable in the interim.
Zym
Sheet Author
Ah lol. That is so neat ! :-) 5 minutes last night when our tavern keeper in Barovia could not work out how much gold was worth to an electrum...