Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Moving token with arrow keys bug

I just noticed a really strange bug when I tried to move several tokens with arrow keys: When the token are "snapped" to the grid, they move as expected. But if one token is placed without snapping it to the grid (by using the ALT key), and then I select the token again and move them via keyboard, then they "wander" outside the box, the wall, the screen... probably even outside the universe ;) Here is an example video: <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekci1dz3q3h4nbb/arrowkey" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekci1dz3q3h4nbb/arrowkey</a>... First I select the token, and move them to the right by clicking the arrow-right on the keyboard. Then I move one token slightly out of position, select both token and move them to the left by using arrow-left. You can clearly see how they shift downwards, outside their select box. I tried it both as GM and as normal player, and I could even make the icons "walk through" walls despite "restricted movement" was turned on.
Ok, I could confirm this on two Mac, with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Haven't tested it on a PC, though.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you for pointing this out, this definitely isn't working as intended. I have created a bug report and will look into fixing this when I get a chance.
It's not a big issue. I just noticed it because one of the characters in my game (a familiar) is smaller and was placed manually.
I would like to add that this is an issue with both V and H Hex grids. When multiple tokens are selected, there ends up being a drift when moving them around.