Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player unable to ear jukebox

tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Yesterday, i had a first session with one of my players. We were only two, nobody else. It was his first time with roll20. All went ok, except he didn't ear anything from julebox. He was seeing the informations about playing files, but ear no sound. Skype was runing without any problem. His config : windows XP and last Firefox version. Any idea about the problem !?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please have your player post. It is harder to trouble shoot through an intermediary. He should check his master volume in the settings tab. Also, I would try turning Skype off. Sometimes Skype interferes with other A/V programs. - Gauss
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Gauss said: Please have your player post. It is harder to trouble shoot through an intermediary. He should check his master volume in the settings tab. Also, I would try turning Skype off. Sometimes Skype interferes with other A/V programs. - Gauss He doesn't speak english, so it will be difficult. His Master volume was at max. I will try without skype...

Edited 1383051496
Spyke
KS Backer
We had a similar situation on Sunday that might be related to this. One player was unable to hear the Jukebox sounds (running Windows and Chrome in Google Hangouts). When he took off his headset he found that they were playing through his speakers on the other side of the room. Much head-scratching ensued. What I assume was happening is that the Roll20 app is transmitting its audio separately from the voice and video being handled by Google Hangouts, and so although this player's Hangout audio was configured correctly for his headset, the Roll20 app was playing through his Windows default settings, and so to the speakers. In the post above, the OP's game was using Skype to handle voice, and Roll20 to handle the game, so again it's possible that the Skype voice was configured to come to the player's headset while the jukebox audio was going to his speakers (possibly switched off).

Edited 1383058217
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
@ Spyke: With my laptop I have to right click on my sound icon in the bottom right side (near the clock) and chose my output. If I have my headphone plugged in after I started my computer I have to choose between my speakers or my headphones. Have your player check it to see if that might be the case.
@ Metroknight. Will do, thanks; I sent him an email earlier today suggesting similar. The key thing is that the mixer sets the default audio device in Windows, but Google Hangouts and Skype can override that setting with the ones in their own preferences. So, if, as I suspect, the Roll20 app uses the Windows default but the VOIP is not we'd get the observed (heard) behaviour.

Edited 1383070550
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
What you set default in windows itself should be not changed by the voip (in general) but I could be wrong. Give it a try and get it all set to the headphones then test it. The only thing I can think of it to set your defaults in the voip also to mirror your windows setting if you need to.
Make sure he has Soundcloud whitelisted on programs like NoScript and other addons that prevent dynamic content from playing. Also, make sure that Soundcloud itself works for him.