Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dropping tiles onto map at a different default size?

Hey all!  This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to drag tiles onto the map that start at a designated size instead of having to resize every tile? Example: While on map mode, when you drag tiles on a map they start at 6x6 units size

Edited 1475866773
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Depending on how many different tiles you are talking about setting an image as the default token while at the desired size means you can pull that token onto the VTT from the journal entry and it will be the size it was when you set the default token. If it is a LOT of tiles then you could make a rollable table with them all in it, make a token from that, resize as needed and then make that the default token which would mean you have them the right size but would have to manually select the 'side' of the token each time. Quickest and easiest way as you are a pro subscriber and have access to the API?  TokenMod , make a macro with a size query and put it in your token bar. Drag>Select>Macro>???>Profit
Ziechael said: Quickest and easiest way as you are a pro subscriber and have access to the API?  TokenMod , make a macro with a size query and put it in your token bar. Drag>Select>Macro>???>Profit Yeah, I'm atm building a map so there at least 99 tiles. I'll try out that tokenMod, thanks!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There's an API Script for that! Check out: ScaleOnAdd
Silvyre said: There's an API Script for that! Check out: ScaleOnAdd Cool! I'll check that out too! Thanks guys!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's also a  script that does tiling for you too ;)
Ziechael said: There's also a  script that does tiling for you too ;) Hmm. I have no idea what that means in this context lol. 'Script that does tiling for you', does that mean it will place tiles that snap together on the VTT / map?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That tiling script gives you a way to cover large rectangular areas with the same tile quickly, say if you want to lay down a ground cover as a base.  Note that it only works with graphics that are stored in your User Library.  If you want to use it with a Marketplace tile, you'll need to download it and upload it to your User Library first.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions with any of those scripts.. I seem to have written all of them. =D
The Aaron said: That tiling script gives you a way to cover large rectangular areas with the same tile quickly, say if you want to lay down a ground cover as a base.  Note that it only works with graphics that are stored in your User Library.  If you want to use it with a Marketplace tile, you'll need to download it and upload it to your User Library first.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions with any of those scripts.. I seem to have written all of them. =D Ohhh, that makes sense. And yeah, I was just noticing that a lot of the scripts around here seem to be written by you! Holy cow man! Thanks for commenting and explaining!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D  I've been on hiatus while I moved a few states away.  I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things in the next month or so.   Happy Rolling!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
eastwood said: Ziechael said: There's also a  script that does tiling for you too ;) Hmm. I have no idea what that means in this context lol. 'Script that does tiling for you', does that mean it will place tiles that snap together on the VTT / map? Sorry, I posted that in the very brief window between walking the dog and bed... I knew Aaron would be along to explain further if needed (he does that...) ;)