Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animated Effects

Is there such a thing as animated effects in Roll20?  For example, I'm doing a winter themed campaign where it snows a lot.  I know I can overlay a static snow effect over the map but that's the problem, it's static.  Is there the option of animated snow?
This is possible using the API. You need to be a pro user to access it. It is completely worth it. They have a library of pre-made scripts made by other Roll20 users for you to use and I forget which one but there is one in there that will cover this effect quite nicely.
Perfect, thank you very much!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
PageFX  is what you are thinking of Ian
Thanks for the info, been messing around with PageFX but I can't get the proper command to get the right snow storm like effect.  Can anyone shed some light please?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'd create a new post so that it's titled something for Stephen to notice and then post up screenshots of how you have your pageFX token set up.