Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Audio 10/4: Battlebards and Fanburst!

So will this eventually fix the playlists that come with modules thing? ._. I mean since those playlists were for soundcloud tracks

Edited 1475877717
Hey JJL! The Roll20 team is working directly with Creators whose modules were affected by the change. We hope to be able to make the necessary changes soon, so players can keep experiencing awesome music when playing games with those modules!
Has anyone experiences on Fanburst finding music then going to Roll20 and not finding the same song in the popout jukebox?  It's happened more often than not, even if I put who uploaded it.  I know this lies probably more with lack of integration on Fanburst side (they said they are working on playlists) but I was just wondering if it was only me having this issue. And a big shout out to the people uploading and sharing music for the rest of us who haven't had time in the day to begin that fun yet.  "THANK YOU!" :)
There seem to be a lot of steps for importing one's own sound clips/songs. Is there any way I could for example, just upload an mp3 directly to my library? Similar to how we can upload .png, .jpg, and .gifs? I feel like it would be much more accessible to pop in a quick song if you didn't have to go through other tabs to upload to soundcloud/fanburst, then i.port those to roll20
Suzanne W. said: Hey JJL! The Roll20 team is working directly with Creators whose modules were affected by the change. We hope to be able to make the necessary changes soon, so players can keep experiencing awesome music when playing games with those modules! Thats good to hear :)  I'm lucky with Dark Spiral though since most of tracks are Kevin MacLeod's so they are found on Incompetech. Though Incompetech track list is missing "Spikey" even though that is also by MacLeod, pity since its awesome piece:'D 
THESE ARE AMAZEBALLS! lol  how ever my only complaint is that the name of the song is not really FULLY shown and its cut off by the "play" "Add to playlist" buttons.   can we stretch them out more? or have a smaller font?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hover text might also do the trick. I agree, however. Great additions.
Robert R. said: I would very much like it if you could link Fanburst to your Roll20 (or login at the Jukebox) so you can access Private tracks. I think this would sort out a LOT of potential problems in the future, as we can keep our Roll20 songs off the main Fanburst library unless we want them there.  It'd be a huge, huge insurance policy to keep this arrangement stable. Other than that, it works great! +1 To the support of adding private tracks. Fanburst has a "Share Private Track" button on each track set to private. I'd imagine it'd be simple to integrate since a URL is given when shared. I have purchased plenty of royalty free music, but would not like them to be open to the public since I actually want to support the creators, not hand out their products for free. What steps could we take to making this an official request?
For those of us that have already made extensive investments in Battlebards, are there any plans to allow us to access all of our purchased tracks through Roll 20??
Question: does anyone know how to Add my own Fanburst audio tracks to roll20?  Thanks in advance
Loren S. said: Having now been testing with Fanburst for a bit, I do have a feature request. One of the great things with Soundcloud was the ability to input a direct URL in the search bar, and it would pull up the exact track you were trying to find. Could we get that same functionality with Fanburst? A good question about the issue itself, wanted to know that too after I have this question here and I can not have the same Mecaninca research that was not even with SoundCloud.
Emily M. said: Question: does anyone know how to Add my own Fanburst audio tracks to roll20?  Thanks in advance Also I wanted to know how do I add my music tracks in Fanburst to roll20? Thank you very much in advance!
Currently trying to get my own tracks to show up on the roll20 interface just took a little waiting and some refreshing. Had to search by the track name as nothing pulls up searching by author. Listing it as a private track makes it unsearchable in the roll20 interface. Adding it to your track list then making it private seems to keep the track in your roll20 list but it doesn't play the track. Adding the ability to paste in a private track url (the shared one) would make it able to be private and yet able to be use in my game yes? I just have a ton of music I've paid to get and use privately that I would like to be able to use. I am extremely cautious about trying to upload to Fanburst it if it isn't private. I don't want to trip over any red tape, I just want to have my music.