Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rampage Wrestling Federation: Grab Your Facepaint & Tights!

I'm starting a new campaign for the Wild World Wrestling system, check it out here: <a href="http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/86423/Wild-World-Wrestling%3A-Main-Event-Edition" rel="nofollow">http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/86423/Wild-World-Wrestling%3A-Main-Event-Edition</a> . I posted an interest thread months back and since then a revised rulebook has been released. I've played through a few matches here on Roll20, and I can tell you guys that it is a lot of fun! I have gathered a bunch of sound effects to simulate a live show for awesome immersion, so there will be ambient crowd noise, as well as cheers and boos, slams, hits, bells, and you can even pick your wrestler's theme music from SoundCloud. Newbies are welcome! &nbsp;You can learn as you go, and I've created a spreadsheet on Google Drive that takes care of the calculations for you. We'll use Google Drive to sync character sheets. Just go to the following link and click "Use this template". <a href="https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0ArOtQwfDViutdER2cEN0MGZMT05DclhnQ3pFR0tKZXc&amp;mode=public" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0ArOtQwfDViutdER2cEN0MGZMT05DclhnQ3pFR0tKZXc&amp;mode=public</a> I'm using the ready made Rampage Wrestling Federation from the RWF sourcebook. I'll leave it up to you guys if you want to create one wrestler and take him through the ranks, or create multiple characters. Alright, so that is a brief intro, let me know if you are interested or have any questions!
I'm Central Standard Time and right now I'm available to play starting around 9:30PM during the weekdays, or any time during the weekends.
Jesse, how do sessions and campaigns play out in WWW? I don't know what goes on besides matches or how everything hangs together. Despite not being a huge pro wrestling fan, I've been intrigued by this game even back when it was called WWE: Know Your Role, but couldn't get anyone else interested in it and so, never bought it.
Each play session is typically one wrestling show or event. There are not only matches but also backstage segments, interviews, sneak attacks, run-ins, it can be as crazy as you want it to be!
No wrestling fans out there? &nbsp;:)
That sounds like a hoot. I'd give it a try sometime.
How about Ricky 'the Convict' Cunningham aka "Prisoner 30112" Special Move(s): The Shank - repeated blows to the kidneys bringing his opponent down to the mat. Solitary Confinement - some sort of submission hold/grapple, The Yard - stomping on an opponent when he's down. Catch phrase: "Hang on to your soap!" Backstory: Ricky was serving a life sentence for murdering two men with his bare hands when state budget cutbacks led to his release. He is now on parole pending further criminal investigations.
I did a lot of match writing a few years back for freeform wrestling games. I'll check it out.
This sounds like a load of fun.&nbsp;
Awesome, glad to see there is some interest. &nbsp;I like your character Aaron! &nbsp; Alright, so if you guys wanna check out the campaign progress, here's the link :&nbsp; RWF Campaign So for now, if you all just want to create your characters while I assemble the playing board and we should be able to start playing really soon. &nbsp;Let me know if you have any questions, anyone have the rulebook? &nbsp;
My character will be Gwendolyn "Gwennie" Silk. 320 pounds, learned to fight in schoolyard field hocky and sales days at Harrod's. No actual wrestling training. Finisher is "Death by Chocolate". That's when she tries to do a moonsault. Sometimes she succeeds, sometimes she accidently does a frogsplash instead, and sometimes it's just a belly flop. Important thing is, if she lands on you it hurts. Anyway, i checked out Heromachine and i wasn't able to make an image for her.
Not bad, but i think a bigger head would work better. I've downloaded the character sheet and will work on it tomorrow.
Wow, very nice portrait! I like the character Pepper, maybe I can tinker with Hero Machine and see what I can come up with.
I'm getting a league management site up. If there's anyone else who would like to join, let me know. Skype: MelvinMcSnatch
I was a big fan of wrestling back in the 90's, and my favorite part was the old wrestling games on N64 and such. &nbsp;I would be interested in maybe getting into something like this, seems like it would be alot of fun. &nbsp; Here is my initial idea -&nbsp; Kyle "The Klaive" Nichols Martial Artist/Flyer type -&nbsp; Face Finishing Moves -&nbsp; "Edge of the Klaive" - A devastating snap kick to the head or neck, usually delivered to a standing, staggering opponent. "Silver Slumber" - Submission move, Arm triangle choke/arm lock combo. "Full Moon" - High Flying, Front flip into a single leg drop to the chest/head
Wizard!
Very cool! &nbsp;Welcome to the game, Thraxis! &nbsp;
Also, if you guys could do me a huge favor and export your Hero Machine character to a text file. &nbsp;This is so that I can make tokens, save them all to a central location so they don't get lost, and also to easily update the look of your characters if you wish. &nbsp;We can keep them all on a shared Google Drive folder.&nbsp; BTW, I know a trick to add authentic looking wrestling boots on Hero Machine. &nbsp;I can do this for you if you'd like.
RWF Google Drive Folder
I'm gonna be away from things until Monday. Stay tuned for the sound of silence.
No problem, Aaron. &nbsp;Thanks for your help so far!
Hey guys, I posted this is the campaign forum but I wasn't sure if everyone could see it, so I'll post it here as well. &nbsp; I just wanted to see who was still in. &nbsp;I've been preparing graphics and things and it will take me a while before I'm completely finished, so I'm thinking we go ahead and start playing while I add visuals piece by piece. &nbsp;I just don't want to keep you all waiting. &nbsp;Just fill out the character sheet and a bio for your wrestler. &nbsp;If you have a Hero Machine portrait that'll be great, and then you can pick out a theme song from Soundcloud. &nbsp;If you don't pick one I can find a temporary theme until you can. &nbsp;So, like I said we can get started with some matches for your character to start building him up. &nbsp;I hope to deliver a unique campaign storyline as your guy rises to the top. &nbsp;So, who's in?
My laptop is still dead. I'm hoping it's not a dead hard drive, but I'm willing to bet it's a dead hard drive. I can't say I've had a lot of extra time to read the book, just the quick start rules (which were still not exactly quick). I'm still interested, but right now saving my kid's first nine months of pictures is priority.
No problem, that's totally understandable. &nbsp;Take your time with that and when you're ready to play, just let me know. &nbsp;
Linux boot drive saves the pics, now I just gotta figure out how to fix Windows. I'd rather be wrestling this weekend.
Yeah, sometimes I really hate technology.&nbsp; If you do get up and running this weekend I can probably play.&nbsp; I was trying to create the entire cast of RWF on Hero Machine and wasn't getting good results.&nbsp; So I tried to get the Hero Machine forum to help out and I got chewed out by the moderator about copyrights, lol.&nbsp; So I've decided let's forget about Hero Machine, I'd rather leave it up to our imagination anyway.&nbsp; Besides, there is a real lack of options when it comes to gear and body types.&nbsp; When you create a character just give a detailed description.&nbsp; The crowd sounds I have are more than enough for immersion.&nbsp;
How's it going, Melvin? &nbsp;Get your computer fixed?
Just got it fixed early this morning. I now believe Jeff Bridges lives in my network and has decided to ruin my digital life. My backup computer went out while working on my main. My router is still acting funny. And I had a USB stick go dead when my kid yanked it out of the computer. Good times.
Holy crap! &nbsp;Sorry to hear that, man. &nbsp;Glad to hear you got your main one fixed, though.
Thraxis &amp; Dr. Pepper, you guys still in? &nbsp;
Is this still going on? Me and a friend are interested.
Absolutely! &nbsp;Come on in and check it out... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/68746/rampage-wrestling-federation" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/68746/rampage-wrestling-federation</a>
I own WWE Know Your Role (but my friends never wanted to play), I'm interested in playing, but what day do you normally play?
We do our "Monday Massacre" every week starting at 9 pm EST, but you can schedule a match anytime you can find one. Check out our website here . Wild World Wrestling is the next edition of Know Your Role, as they lost their WWE sponsorship. The newer system is cleaned up quite a bit and the PDF rules are only $5.
Are you guys sticking to the 5 wrestlers per player? I admit I only see the 11 profiles on the website. Im considering it as I own the first copy of the book (but may need to know what the errata for the Main Event edition was, if any), but I'd just need to pick out characters I'd like to play. I literally have a notebook with about 50 characters in it for a campaign my friends and I ended up not getting to play. EDIT: applaud the movelist in the character sheet generator. May I offer the use of ( <a href="http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Maneuvers" rel="nofollow">http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Maneuvers</a> &nbsp;) if you need more? It's based on KYR, but it's fairly easy to tweak some things (like the use of 1-3 fatigue in KYR vs 2-6 in WWW for bonuses). I'd also like to ask how stat creation was handled. I think my group had maybe 4 characters with a stat at a 6. They were considered the peak examples for those stats. I believe the lowest negative we had was a -2, as well. Based on the rules, I personally just found it a little cheese-based if you planned a stat or two as -5 just to be min/max-ed, but that's just me.
M. Lee said: Are you guys sticking to the 5 wrestlers per player? I admit I only see the 11 profiles on the website. We are doing 5 characters per player so far. We've had new players join. Not everyone has shared their character to post to the site yet. Our promoter (Jesse) has no characters. One of the characters is a manager. This may need to be revised if we get a whole new mess of players, but moving to two regular times a week will be our first move. Im considering it as I own the first copy of the book (but may need to know what the errata for the Main Event edition was, if any), but I'd just need to pick out characters I'd like to play. I literally have a notebook with about 50 characters in it for a campaign my friends and I ended up not getting to play. There have been major changes between Know Your Role and Main Event Edition, so if the first copy is KYR, you'll need to get MEE. I'll look for errata, otherwise we'll stumble across the differences eventually. The MEE pdf is $5 on drivethrurpg or paizo. EDIT: applaud the movelist in the character sheet generator. May I offer the use of ( <a href="http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Maneuvers" rel="nofollow">http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Maneuvers</a> &nbsp;) if you need more? It's based on KYR, but it's fairly easy to tweak some things (like the use of 1-3 fatigue in KYR vs 2-6 in WWW for bonuses). I'd also like to ask how stat creation was handled. I think my group had maybe 4 characters with a stat at a 6. They were considered the peak examples for those stats. I believe the lowest negative we had was a -2, as well. Based on the rules, I personally just found it a little cheese-based if you planned a stat or two as -5 just to be min/max-ed, but that's just me. You get 5 ability score just for playing, add 1 for an original name, add 1 for writing a gimmick, add 1 for picking a theme song from SoundCloud, which is suggested in MEE. We haven't had any abuse of the system like that yet. The lowest score I've seen is a -2, and that's my character "Buckley Greenstone" with a -2 Flair. I roleplay it the best I can, meaning he won't be winning initiative anytime soon. We are also working on a Star Power system which rewards characters for adding to the whole experience, so a cheese character won't get the benefit.
Thanks for the full reply. I had meant I owned WWW's first edition, but hadnt picked up the Main Event Edition, so wasnt sure if they had any major errata. 8 total starting sounds pretty good. I think mine was the 5, you basically took a flaw at lvl 1 for the extra point, then just every 3/4 levels you would increase something with the appropriate gimmick enhancement. I admit starting 8 is applaudable, though, as it frees up the first few stat increasing enhancement levels for other options. Again, I'll be looking into this, just may take a few days to get everything together for me.
No problem! You're welcome to join us tomorrow for Monday Massacre starting at 9 pm EST. We have some pre-made characters from the RWF Promotion book to use if you'd like to get a match in. Otherwise you can try to catch another member and set up a time.
Thanks Melvin for answering the questions! &nbsp;:) I'm really glad to see some good interest in our humble campaign here. &nbsp;Let me just say that we welcome newbies and are happy to help you learn how to play. &nbsp;Come on in and lurk if you'd like! &nbsp;
I don't own any WWW's but I'd like to play!
You're quite welcome to join us. Just start thinking of those character concepts and we'll help you with the rest.