Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Player looking for Shadowrun group

Hi I've been vaguely familiar with Shadowrun for years (that means I knew it existend and roughly what it was about), but I just recently got a hold of the "20 year anniversary" edition of the rules (which I believe is essentially 4th edition) and now I'm really kinda into the setting and idea, and want to play it. Though while I admit I'm still not familiar with everything in there, it's just a freaking large book, you learn any system better when you just go and play it, I'm looking for a group now. I'm not new to RPGs in general, been playing PF for a while now and actually GM my own game now here on Roll20 too as well. I would prefer playing on Roll20 here or another VTT and using Roll20/Skype/Google+/etc for voice-communication for the game, though a text-based game would be good as well if there's no alternative. Weekends are pretty much filled already with other commitments for me, so it's unlikely (but not completely impossible) that that will work for me, which means I'm most likely looking for a game during the week. I should be available at most days and times there. So if you have a game that wouldn't mind a new player (to both your game and SR in general) - or even just a lurker who could simply join in and listen to a few of your games - or maybe think about starting one of your own soon, I really would appreciate an answer. Thanks.
I would be willing to play with you. It doesn't look like anyone plays shadowrun on here, though.
Yes I don't think the Shadowrun community is the largest on here, but I sometimes saw it pop up. Not sure how many actual games happened from it, though I think that means there might be other interested people. Would you want to be another player in a game, or would you actually want to GM one?
I've been trying to get into a Shadowrun game on here for over a month now, and no luck so far. If you find somebody to GM a game (or decide to GM one yourself) I'd join in a heartbeat so long as it's not on Friday or Saturday.
Well maybe more luck this time. I'm not comfortable GMing a SR game yet, I want to get a bit of experience with it first before I consider that.
I'd love to get in on a Shadowrun game... Can't GM one, though :(
I too, am in the boat of "I've recently discovered Shadowrun and would love to play it, but don't have the experience to GM."
I would love to try a shadow rung game.  I haven't played it before but I really want to get into it.
Hey, are we still talking about Shadowrun? I wanna play! I'm new to the game and need to learn, but I am willing to learn.
i would also love to play shadow run someone should just give GMing a shot and we could all learn together