Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Storm King's Thunder Official Bug Thread

Edited 1476027989
Hello I just got the same problem as The duxe and Triggshot. I think that you might get intrested by the troubleshooting: -Yesterday, a friend an I implemented macro with templates. -Today, when I try to write someting/roll a dice or launch a macro. It don't appear plus the templates (from yesterday) transform in a sole blue line. But all the "boxes" don't collapse. From a certain point the template collapses but before this point they are perfectly fine. -Everything appears correctly in the chat log (things written that don't appear on the current chat and the apparence of the macros) -Also,the chat of another game don't have this problem. Thanks for your help (edit:clearing the archives resolved the problem)
Just tried to load a new one up.... didnt populate at all with any of the module. Just blank when loaded in game. Tried relogging... nothing. I had to delete the whole game and reload a new one
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Pord , was your second attempt at creating a game successful?
Silvyre said: Pord , was your second attempt at creating a game successful? Yes.... Just wanted to let you know that sometimes its not populating on the game creation

Edited 1476227822
Im trying to update my version of STK, but i see no place either in the marketplace or on the game home screen to install/update it. It doesnt even show up under "my purchases" in the marketplace but i clearly have it, as the game is there, bought it the day it came out. what am i missing? Edit:I created a new game and it seems to be the new version with the changes, but i dont want to have to to do that everytime there is an update. So still can't see how to update already created game.

Edited 1476239516
BUG #1:  re: the village/city maps from Ch.2 (and maybe other city maps -- haven't gotten that far :> ), would you consider moving all tokens to the GM Layer. not just 'enemy' tokens that attack later?  Having the PCs see the map, and see various tokens here and there, will tend to indicate those buildings are "important" and skip any other buildings / info / or role play. As always, there may be a reason to keep them on the token level, and I appreciate you considering.  Thanks! BUG #2:  an additional 'bug', but certainly not a big one.  One journal title is spelled "Lost Mine s  of Phandelver" when it's actually "Lost Mine" (singular).  Interestingly it is spelled singular inside the journal text, just not the journal title :) .  Again, obviously doesn't affect gameplay.

Edited 1476473012
Can someone please tell me how to update my original STK game to the new one? *Devs fixed it for me...THANKS!!!!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Our apologies for the confusion over how to patch your games, we realized that the ability to do so wasn't showing up where it was suppose to. What you need to do is go to your Game's Detail Page, if there's available patches, they will be listed underneath the Join Game button: Patches can only be updated one at a time currently. There's currently two patches for SKT.
Ancient white dragons are missing their legendary actions, this is also missing from the compendium which I assume it was just copied from. Did a quick check and it seems to be included in the SRD P.289. 
My group is having an issue with the module. The map isn't loading for any of the players, only for the GM (my wife, but on my account). It just shows as a big black square the general size that the map should be. Loading time isn't an issue, as I've let it sit for 2 hours without the map rendering, and I've tried using Firefox instead of Chrome. Currently we've been using the Nightstone Map in our journals to see the town, but now we're entering combat.
Gold
Forum Champion
Forrest, if Fog Of War is enabled, the GM should use the Reveal tool to remove some of the Fog (blackness). Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Fog_of_War" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Fog_of_War</a> Also if the game and that map Page has Dynamic Lighting feature enabled, make sure that there are character or player-controlled Tokens on the page that have "Has Sight" enabled. Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting#Line_of_S" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting#Line_of_S</a>... It is similar to another question thread, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4139411/view-as-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4139411/view-as-</a>...
Forrest C. said: My group is having an issue with the module.&nbsp; To echo Gold, I'd suggest a few quick things to determine if Fog of War / Dynamic Lighting is the issue: have all players and GM zoom out on the map so they can see all edges of the map (even in complete darkness, zooming out will show the complete, black map on a grey background -- this is so you can see any changes in sight as you follow the next two steps... on the Page Settings for the Nightstone map, ensure the "Fog of War Enabled" check box is unchecked (cleared) and the "Dynamic Lighting Enabled" check box is also unchecked; then either: a) ask your players if they can now see the map and/or as a GM "Re-Join as player" (see the Settings cog in the top-right). If the above clears the problem, and the players can see, then go back to "Re-Join as GM" and: Turn on Fog of War and ask the players if they can still see (or again Re-Join as player to confirm yourself) -- if they can't see, Fog of War was part of the problem. &nbsp;If they can see Fog of War wasn't part of the problem; Turn off Fog of War; Repeat #1 above with Dynamic Lighting (with Fog of War off), and the same -- if they can't see, Dynamic Lighting was the problem; if they can see, Dynamic Lighting wasn't part of the problem My guess it's the Dynamic Lighting. &nbsp;Either: a) turn it off; or b) as Gold suggests, enable "Has Sight" for each of the tokens.

Edited 1477107300
Looks like it was dynamic lighting. Thanks for the help! Edit: This is Forrest not realizing I was on my wife's account.&nbsp;
The black pudding is missing his acid damage from pseudopod attack, which is quite significant, unless that's intentional.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Manuel d. said: The black pudding is missing his acid damage from pseudopod attack, which is quite significant, unless that's intentional. That wasn't intentional. There was a bug with the Compendium where additional damage on attacks weren't copying over. Thank you for the report.
Jordan P. said: I suppose this isn't strictly-speaking a bug, but is there a player-friendly version of the map of the North? The page with the map seems like it was intended to be a DM map and is not a map I would want to show my players. It shows the locations of every single major plot point, including the lairs of every major antagonist. Finding these hidden lairs is supposed to be a significant arc of the adventure.&nbsp; Jordan: &nbsp;the map of the north that comes from the Sword Coast Adventurer's guide is available online (google it). &nbsp;This map is more generic and doesn't have "spoiler" locations shown. &nbsp;I imported it and made a second map that the players can see all of, I then use the drawing tools to add locations as they encounter them in game. &nbsp;However, I also do what Kristin C suggested by using FoW to reveal parts of the SKT map (the two maps have slightly different cartogrpahic symbols etc.) Devs: &nbsp;probably wrong forum for this, but some "nice to have" features would be a way for the players to move themselves to maps that the GM allows. &nbsp;For example, the players can switch to the World Map without having to have the GM move them there. Also, tools for adding labeled map markers would be very useful (with text that can be set to have a "halo" so it is easy to read
Jack V. said: Devs: &nbsp;probably wrong forum for this, but some "nice to have" features would be a way for the players to move themselves to maps that the GM allows. &nbsp;For example, the players can switch to the World Map without having to have the GM move them there. Jack -- a workaround I use for this is: a) create a handout with the world map as an image, so the players can access at will; or b) create a handout with a URL link to a world map, again to access at will. The one downside is, it isn't as dynamic as a Roll20 map, so no annotations, etc.
Hi. Got the module a while ago, had a player make his character, had a fight with an ogre, no problem until 2 days ago. Now getting the issue if I as dm is in the game, he cannot log into the game, it keeps crashing out, but if I am not in the game it lets him in fine, can play about with characters etc. We have tried on another campaign that I dm and it works fine, no logging in problems. can play around roll dice . Any ideas?
Hello, In Tribor there is a spellcaster, Othovir I'm not sure if his setup is right, he has Blade Ward as a cantrip with the Blade Barrier description, not sure if this is how it's supposed to be or he is some super awesome Cleric.

Edited 1478238077
Svardborg has no dynamic lighting or fog of war, and players can see the location of all enemies on the map by default. Including the Yetis hiding in their cave. In Upper Ironslag, area 18, the ogres and Zaltember have been placed in mid-air. I believe they are supposed to be on the gantry, which to my understanding is some kind of catwalk.&nbsp; Unless I'm missing something, the only way to handle the handouts for "Scenes and locations" is to remember that what you are currently using has a handout, and show the players. Unlike the "Creature and monster" handouts, which have a link at the top of the NPC stat block.&nbsp; Half-Ogre monster has no picture Handout: Hill Giant Attack and Handout: Hill Giants Attack are exactly the same image. Handout: Air Cultist on a Giant Vulture has no links to it from the Vulture NPC, the Cultist NPC, or the Cultist Fanatic NPC Handout: Wight has no links to it from the Wight NPC Handout: Giant Spider has no links to it from the Giant Spider NPC Handout: Kraken has no links to it from the Slarkrethel NPC In Lyn Armaal Level 1, Area 8, Felgolos the dragon is at full health. The text indicates he should be at 160 from his wounds. For the Lyn Armaal Level 3-6 handout, Area 19 treasure, Banner of the Krig Rune is missing a link to it's corresponding handout.
The&nbsp;Wyrmskull Throne handout has all the info in the 'non-GM' area of the handout, meaning once handed to the players they see all the info which they probably shouldn't see / wouldn't know. &nbsp;I'd recommend moving all the info to the GM Notes area, so it can be handed out to show the image without the info. &nbsp;Thanks!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Andrew D. said: Hi. Got the module a while ago, had a player make his character, had a fight with an ogre, no problem until 2 days ago. Now getting the issue if I as dm is in the game, he cannot log into the game, it keeps crashing out, but if I am not in the game it lets him in fine, can play about with characters etc. We have tried on another campaign that I dm and it works fine, no logging in problems. can play around roll dice . Any ideas? I'm not sure if this is an issue specifically with Storm King's Thunder. My first inclination is to suggest deleting your chat archive, especially if there's been a lot of roll templates thrown down in chat. That's a known culprit of campaign lag that we're looking into. Also, if you haven't had your player do so yet, have them clean out their browser cache. If neither of those steps work, I would recommend creating a new bug report forum thread, so it'll be easier to troubleshoot this particular issue.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Voiku said: Hello, In Tribor there is a spellcaster, Othovir I'm not sure if his setup is right, he has Blade Ward as a cantrip with the Blade Barrier description, not sure if this is how it's supposed to be or he is some super awesome Cleric. I'm sure Othovir is pretty awesome... but maybe not quite that awesome. That's an oops on our part. It should have the Blade Ward description.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Mend said: Svardborg has no dynamic lighting or fog of war, and players can see the location of all enemies on the map by default. Including the Yetis hiding in their cave. In Upper Ironslag, area 18, the ogres and Zaltember have been placed in mid-air. I believe they are supposed to be on the gantry, which to my understanding is some kind of catwalk.&nbsp; Unless I'm missing something, the only way to handle the handouts for "Scenes and locations" is to remember that what you are currently using has a handout, and show the players. Unlike the "Creature and monster" handouts, which have a link at the top of the NPC stat block.&nbsp; Half-Ogre monster has no picture Handout: Hill Giant Attack and Handout: Hill Giants Attack are exactly the same image. Handout: Air Cultist on a Giant Vulture has no links to it from the Vulture NPC, the Cultist NPC, or the Cultist Fanatic NPC Handout: Wight has no links to it from the Wight NPC Handout: Giant Spider has no links to it from the Giant Spider NPC Handout: Kraken has no links to it from the Slarkrethel NPC In Lyn Armaal Level 1, Area 8, Felgolos the dragon is at full health. The text indicates he should be at 160 from his wounds. For the Lyn Armaal Level 3-6 handout, Area 19 treasure, Banner of the Krig Rune is missing a link to it's corresponding handout. Thank you for this concise list, Mend!

Edited 1478354003
I just noticed that there was a rollable table for Iymrith, which is a good idea, but the option "Players can roll for the table ?" is activated by default. It means that a player looking at the macro tab can see a table named Iymrith, open it and tumble on a major spoiler. Be careful fellow Dungeon Masters and quickly uncheck this before your players see it !
Guillaume R. said: I just noticed that there was a rollable table for Iymrith, which is a good idea, but the option "Players can roll for the table ?" is activated by default. Good catch!&nbsp; I noticed this too, but forgot to report it here :&lt; .
Gid
Roll20 Team
Brett M. said: Guillaume R. said: I just noticed that there was a rollable table for Iymrith, which is a good idea, but the option "Players can roll for the table ?" is activated by default. Good catch!&nbsp; I noticed this too, but forgot to report it here :&lt; . Thank you for catching that! I'll address that in the next patch.
Kristin C. said: Thank you for this concise list, Mend! Happy to help, thanks for producing such a high quality module.
Brown Bears are missing Multiattack
My Nighstone map has lost all it's art. Screen is all green with only the tokens showing. I posted this problem in the bug reports forum as well.&nbsp;
It seems that all my spell-casters aren't able to load their spells. This one in particular was Zepheros, but the same goes for anyone else I try.
Never DM'd a Purchased module like Storm Kings Thunder, but shouldn't I have received the maps and tokens when I created new game? &nbsp;I have nothing to show for my purchase.
Gold
Forum Champion
Shawn said: Never DM'd a Purchased module like Storm Kings Thunder, but shouldn't I have received the maps and tokens when I created new game? &nbsp;I have nothing to show for my purchase. Hi Shawn. After purchasing first go to "Start New Game" and create a new game with Storm King's Thunder checkmarked (which you said you did, please doublecheck that you checkmark the module on the New Game screen). Upon creation it should automatically load and launch the game that time; there-after you can find it under My Games in Roll20. Join Game on that and enter the tabletop. It should start on a splash screen that shows the cover art of SKT. As GM all the maps are located in the Pages Toolbar at the top. Tokens are on the pages, also the Journals is full of many characters and handouts. If you are not able to see that working, write back.
The NPC in Triboar named Orthovir has a cantrip in his spell list called Blade Ward , but the spell information appears to have been copied over from the spell Blade Barrier &nbsp;from the compendium, and then renamed to Blade Ward . The problem is, Blade Ward is, and is listed in his spellbook as a cantrip, while Blade Barrier is a 6th level spell, and is VERY OVERPOWERED if used as a cantrip.&nbsp;
threefjefff said: It seems that all my spell-casters aren't able to load their spells. This one in particular was Zepheros, but the same goes for anyone else I try. From your imaged it looks like you're using the Shaped Sheet. &nbsp;I believe the purchased version of SKT is only tested with Roll20's OGL sheet. &nbsp;A mod, etc. can correct me if I'm wrong, but that could be part of the issue.
Warkoala said: The NPC in Triboar named Orthovir has a cantrip in his spell list called Blade Ward , but the spell information appears to have been copied over from the spell Blade Barrier &nbsp;from the compendium, and then renamed to Blade Ward . The problem is, Blade Ward is, and is listed in his spellbook as a cantrip, while Blade Barrier is a 6th level spell, and is VERY OVERPOWERED if used as a cantrip.&nbsp; This was&nbsp; noted above (long thread so I even forget what was posted -- no offense meant by pointing this out), and looks like it'll be handled in the next update.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brett M. said: threefjefff said: It seems that all my spell-casters aren't able to load their spells. This one in particular was Zepheros, but the same goes for anyone else I try. From your imaged it looks like you're using the Shaped Sheet. &nbsp;I believe the purchased version of SKT is only tested with Roll20's OGL sheet. &nbsp;A mod, etc. can correct me if I'm wrong, but that could be part of the issue. Absolutely. As of now, the Shaped sheet will convert over most of the NPCs more or less correctly, with the notable exception of converting spellcasters' spells. You will have to add them by hand (or use the OGL sheet - create a new campaign if you do the latter).
So i bought Storm kings thunder. I have been playing with some friends on roll20 and im not the dm of our group. Is there anyway for me to share the the maps and other stuff i got from buying it to the dm? As a player i dont get a lot of use from having purchased Storm kings thunder.

Edited 1478579313
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Tiberius said: So i bought Storm kings thunder. I have been playing with some friends on roll20 and im not the dm of our group. Is there anyway for me to share the the maps and other stuff i got from buying it to the dm? As a player i dont get a lot of use from having purchased Storm kings thunder. You could create a fresh campaign for SKT, and promote your friend to GM status, then simply join as a player.
Tiberius said: So i bought Storm kings thunder. I have been playing with some friends on roll20 and im not the dm of our group. Is there anyway for me to share the the maps and other stuff i got from buying it to the dm? As a player i dont get a lot of use from having purchased Storm kings thunder. As Franky said. &nbsp;Two notes: #1) this&nbsp; wiki entry will show you what a co-GM can and cannot do; and #2) as I read on Roll20 recently, the Terms of Service state you have to be involved in any games you create (or else there would only be one subscriber on Roll20 and we'd all use their account to run games, and the Roll20 servers would blow up :&gt; ). Enjoy!
Franky H. said: Tiberius said: So i bought Storm kings thunder. I have been playing with some friends on roll20 and im not the dm of our group. Is there anyway for me to share the the maps and other stuff i got from buying it to the dm? As a player i dont get a lot of use from having purchased Storm kings thunder. You could create a fresh campaign for SKT, and promote your friend to GM status, then simply join as a player. How would we get the current char sheets over to the new game?
Allows Creators to duplicate the Game . They can rename the duplicate, change its tags, and decide whether to keep all or none of the: Game Icon, Players and Player Settings (Including Macros), Pages, Decks and Rollable Tables, Chat Log, Journal (Characters & Handouts), Jukebox Playlist or the Game Forums. When you have everything designated for the duplicate, click the I'm ready, Create Game! button. Is this something i can do as a player of the current game?

Edited 1478692311
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Only the creator of a campaign may duplicate it. If you were to create a fresh copy of SKT, as a subscriber, you can&nbsp; use the character vault to import existing characters

Edited 1479325707
Gid
Roll20 Team
New Patch:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4038118/storm-kings-thunder-patch-notes-thread/?pageforid=4254428#post-4254428" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4038118/storm-kings-thunder-patch-notes-thread/?pageforid=4254428#post-4254428</a> Once again, thank you everyone for sending in reports so we can improve our products!
Kristin C. said: New Patch:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4038118/storm-kings-thunder-patch-notes-thread/?pageforid=4254428#post-4254428" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4038118/storm-kings-thunder-patch-notes-thread/?pageforid=4254428#post-4254428</a> Once again, thank you everyone for sending in reports so we can improve our products! Thank the whole gang for us Kristin -- great stuff!
This is more of a question/request: &nbsp;In the release notes for the patch, it says that if I (as the GM) have modified any of the Journal entries that the patch won't change my edits. &nbsp;Does that mean that I won't see ANY changes to that entry (even if I want them). &nbsp;I assume it won't merge entries. &nbsp; Assuming this is the case, is there way to create a duplicate entry (e.g. Triboar (1)) so that I can review what the changes are and then decide how to merge the results? Basically I don't want to miss out on updates just because I've edited an entry (which I do frequently to make my own notes as the game progresses) PS...I ditto the thanks for all the work, great stuff!
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'll have to check with the other devs on how granular the patching process is in that regard, but I'll get back to you on that, Jack V.