Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro help for hit/miss location

Can someone help me or point me in the right direction with my wanting to create a macro that randomly selects from my pre-set list of locations (ie. right cheek, left hip, etc) so that when my players hit or miss in combat, I can quickly select the macro and use the location outcome to weave it into my description of their attack, e.g. "Finieous' scimitar slices the goblin's [left knee] causing it to buckle that direction slightly".
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Create a table called injury with the possible locations, then roll:  [[1t[injury] ]]
I agree with Franky's suggestion. You may find this wiki article helpful.
Franky H. said: Create a table called injury with the possible locations, then roll:  [[1t[injury] ]] That worked great!  Thanks!!
Me again! -- Is there a way to make the result only visible by me (GM)?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
KofaSing KoodGarma said: Me again! -- Is there a way to make the result only visible by me (GM)? Not outside the API. The best you can do is either: 1) The player and you see it: /w gm [[ 1t[injury] ]] 2) You get prompted to roll it: /w gm [Injury](!
/w gm [[ 1t[injury] ]] ) (You might need to retype this instead of copying it because of the HTML entities in it.)
Thanks Aaron!  Worked in the macro!!