Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying/pasting multiple tokens

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere; I couldn't find it in the search. Anyway, should I be able to cut/copy and then paste multiple tokens? E.g., select a group of tokens and right click to copy, or hit Ctrl-C? The reason I ask is that when I try the right-click menu, it always reduces the selection to just one of the group of tokens; and when I try Ctrl-C, I get the keyboard error "DING!" noise, and it might copy one token for me. Is there something I'm not doing right, or does it just not work that way?
Abd al Rahman
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmm.... I can do that with multiple tokens.
I've had the exact same problem, Chris.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I haven't done anything significant with Roll20 for a couple weeks now, so I haven't checked to see if it's fixed. Wonder if it's a keyboard config issue, or some greebly interaction with the OS and keyboard and browser. Edited to add: nope, still doing that thing and failing to copy/paste. Multiple computers, all using Chrome and Windows 7 64-bit.
Okay, I will take another look. Sorry about that, I thought it was fixed...
Okay, so I tested this out in Windows 7 with Firefox and Chrome, and I believe it is now working as intended (which means, among other things, you should no longer hear the keyboard error "DING"). So you should be able to highlight multiple tokens and perform hotkeys on them (copy, paste, add turn, etc.) You still cannot use the right-click menu on more than one token at a time, though -- that doesn't currently function on any platform. Let me know if you're still having issues. Thanks!
Just checked it, looks to be working. As I examine it, I think it _was_ working all along (even though the keyboard dinged), but it was pasting in-place (that is, I went and clicked elsewhere to paste, and it pasted the copies overtop the originals anyway; I realize this was my error since I left one of them selected before hitting Ctrl-V). Turns out I had something like 8 copies of the tokens all stacked up. So it might have been working, and just issuing the ding because computers are only smart enough to count to 1.
Haha, no problem. If nothing else, at least the annoying "ding" issue is fixed now.