Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Text Color Background Issues

hi everyone. first of all, ty for any responses and at least taking the time to view this, since you might have the same issue sand it may help. So, to the issue. The game i am in obviously uses a DM generated sheet. i am having an issue changing the colors he uses as headings for different bio categories and KEEPING THEM CHANGED. i take all the right steps (i think) by choosing "text color background" menu (idk if thats what its actually called but i hope its understandable.), then i chose a color, but as soon as i start typing it reverts to the color/text originally used by the GM. i have also tried highlighting what i want a different color, but that just later results in unwanted/unintended color changes. Thoughts, suggestions, solutions? again ty for your time, either way :)

Edited 1476810219
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I would ask your GM to close your Character while you make edits. Then, I would change the text highlighting and then save your changes by clicking the blue Save Changes button. Then, your GM can open your Character again. If that doesn't help, I would try deleting and recreating the headings.
i am actually doing the edits during OOG time, no one has it open except or me. good thought tho, ty. and as far as changing it and saving, tried just now, sadly does not work :( delete/recreate was my 1st thought, but that doesnt work. it reverts back to his original setting as soon as i start typing :,(

Edited 1476813377
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Sounds like the HTML of that Bio & Info textarea might have become corrupted. I would recommend: Copying and pasting the contents of the [first] Bio & Info textarea into a plaintext editor. Copying and pasting the plaintext into a new [second] textarea (Bio & Info or Handout). Manually reformatting the text as desired. Deleting the entirity of the original buggy Bio & Info textarea via Ctrl+A (select all). Copying and pasting the contents of the second textarea into the first.
Silvyre said: Sounds like the HTML of that Bio & Info textarea might have become corrupted. I would recommend: Copying and pasting the contents of the [first] Bio & Info textarea into a plaintext editor. Copying and pasting the plaintext into a new [second] textarea (Bio & Info or Handout). Manually reformatting the text as desired. Deleting the entirity of the original buggy Bio & Info textarea via Ctrl+A (select all). Copying and pasting the contents of the second textarea into the first. wow.... i was hoping for a simpler fix, but that almost seems the only route left open. i have been trying other things between posts here. sadly, no others have worked. too close to game time to try this fix, but ill try after and let you know how it works out. tyvm.