Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Volo's Guide, but let's see the Monster Manual

I just pre-ordered Volo's Guide to Monsters. Now, if only I could grab the Monster Manual. This would make my life complete. 
+1
+2

Edited 1476918500
You know what I like about this? They are putting the monster entries into the SRD  compendium. I wonder if they will do the same for all of the adventure modules going forward (as well as for the existing ones).
I wouldnt say no to a full MM import..
I agree with a full monster manual. Although i cant be the only one who thinks 50 bucks is a bit steep for a digital product with little to no production cost. Imo 20 bucks would be a hell of a lot more reasonable. That 50 dollar tag has usually been because hardback books are expensive to produce. Especially since some stores are actually selling this for about 40 bucks, hard copy. 
Mike said: I agree with a full monster manual. Although i cant be the only one who thinks 50 bucks is a bit steep for a digital product with little to no production cost. Imo 20 bucks would be a hell of a lot more reasonable. That 50 dollar tag has usually been because hardback books are expensive to produce. Especially since some stores are actually selling this for about 40 bucks, hard copy.  I'll agree its a bit steep for a splat book. I don't get it myself but meh ;d. 130 pre-prepared tokens with full handouts and artwork and info is pretty neat. I'd rather buy the Monster Manual at that price though.
Mike said: I agree with a full monster manual. Although i cant be the only one who thinks 50 bucks is a bit steep for a digital product with little to no production cost. Imo 20 bucks would be a hell of a lot more reasonable. That 50 dollar tag has usually been because hardback books are expensive to produce. Especially since some stores are actually selling this for about 40 bucks, hard copy.  The prices are set by WotC, it's the same for the digital products at Fantasy Grounds although sometimes they are slightly on sale.  Don't expect any future WotC products to be less than it costs for the paper version.

Edited 1476996373
The price doesn't need to be this high, but there is a lot of work involved. I did almost all of the monsters from the MM myself, with basic things like ac, hp pp and a token for the journal entry, and it took a long time. It was fun in the beginning, but quickly became tedious. This offers more than that too. That said, and like many things in digital form, if I were selling something like that as a "do the work once, and sell it for a fraction of the value for one time", I'm sure it would yield a good amount of money. This would be a great thing, and I would certainly buy more things like it.  For me, this is one of those things I personally would pay that higher amount for, but it doesn't need to be that high (and I believe the price is set by WotC, as Jeremy said.) Same goes for the modules. I bought the hard cover of Curse of Strahd, and also bought the maps from Schley. The maps were as much as I paid for the module. If you are going to buy the maps, you might as well buy the module from Roll20. Anyhow, Roll20 crew, let's have it! :)
+1 for complete MM!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
For your suggestions, we offer the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community. Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Suggestions & Ideas Posting Guidelines for the added expectations above and beyond our standard Code of Conduct . As this is a suggestion thread outside the designated forum, the thread will be closed.