Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens showing up incorrectly

Hey guys, I keep having tokens show up like this: They even show up like that in the turn order too. Is there anyway that I can fix them? Problem areas: Character sheet bio, avatar and default token selection, turn tracker, art library Fine areas: map / virtual table, (sometimes) in the character tab with handouts etc
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This usually happens when you've removed images from your User Library that are still in use in the game.  If you copy the URL and check it outside the game, does the browser bring it up?  Also, check to see that the images are still in your library.
The Aaron said: If you copy the URL and check it outside the game, does the browser bring it up? I tried that and got this:&nbsp; <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/23886" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/23886</a>... I also tried one that wasn't having this problem and it showed the correct image instead of another page like the one I linked. The Aaron said: Also, check to see that the images are still in your library. I looked in my Library and they are in there.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably time for a full bug investigation then. &nbsp;Moving to the Bugs and Technical Issues forum... Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
The Aaron said: Probably time for a full bug investigation then. &nbsp;Moving to the Bugs and Technical Issues forum... Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you! Okay, I'll have to wait and do some of those at my home computer.&nbsp; Thanks for the lead Aaron! Hopefully I can get this sorted out &nbsp; : )
Okay, update time. I didn't figure out what was causing the problem but a fellow gm found a solution / workaround. Solution / workaround: &nbsp;dragged a character from the journal tab onto the VTT, this created a token. I then copied that token and pasted it, then I used the newly created token and made it the characters 'default token' in the settings of the character. That filled in the previously broken image and now when it shows up places (like say the initiative tracker), it has an icon instead of more broken image links.