Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Modifying inlineroll appearance

Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is a very basic question, but since I know nothing about CSS, I fear I still have to ask it, please help me out: how do I modify the appearance of inline rolls in sendChat messages I send via the API? E.g. remove the ugly yellow background, but perhaps keep other properties such as bold text and the tooltip.

Edited 1477305886
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you want this done for just you? If so you can use the browser extension stylish and copy my css: .inlinerollresult { background: 0 0; border: 2px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); border-radius: 3px; } That should cover what you asked for. I use those for rolls within the shaped roll template.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's nice as far as the style goes, but I want this done for everyone. Can I somehow override what the inlinerollresult style looks like when it's part of my sendChat message?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nope. You could only modify what appears in a roll template for everyone via editing the sheet. Otherwise you can only do for yourself.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Though if you make the rolls in the API and just send the results to the chat, you can format them however you like. 
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shame :(. I do not want to write my own dice roller, so making the rolls myself is out. Using a sendChat callback would be possible I suppose, but I don't really to write all of that for a bit of formatting.
Gold
Forum Champion
One small change you can make with ease, you can choose to apply the Green border or the Red border around the yellow box, by using "critical success" and "critical failure" macro codes (cs, cf). This does not remove the yellow highlighting, but it's somethin'. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Critical_Su" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Critical_Su</a>...