Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jukebox playlist + individual songs

Hey I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug. Since the changes to the jukebox and the addition of Fanburst I encountered a problem that was not there before. I used to be able to play 1 playlist and then add individual songs, but that does not work anymore. I can still play multiple single tracks but not alongside a running playlist. On a sidenote I always wanted to run multiple playlists at the same time, but that didnt work before either.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Can you also clarify to me while you're going through the step list GenKitty provided. To double check that I've read this correctly: Expected Behavior: Play a playlist and then also play other tracks outside the playlist alongside it. Current Behavior: The other tracks won't play while the playlist is playing. If I got it correctly, are you able to press the play button on those individual tracks?
Okay I realize that I didn't phrase it the best I could. Want : Play multiple playlists at the same time Old : Playlist + tracks outside the playlist at the same time Now : single tracks will stop if I start them while a playlist is running. I hope that clarified it. I went through the steps and couldn't find a solution. I will, however, speak with some of my players and let them try it out to see if they have the same problem. Maybe you can tell me if you have the same experience as well.
Hello, I do have the same issue, although I've been working around it manually. Here are some situations I came across when trying this. Double Playlists: Current Behavior: When playing a playlist, if another playlist is chosen the current playlist stops playing. Expected Behavior:  Both playlists should play at the same time. Playlists & single tracks: Current Behavior: When playing a playlist, if another track is selected the playlist stops, and vice versa. Expected Behavior: Both the playlist, and the chosen track should play at the same time. Normally I work around it by manually switching the tracks in the playlists from time to time.
I spoke with 7 different people. Tested it on 3 PCs myself with 3 different browsers and I ALWAYS have the exact same thing happening. <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/9odjvr2idzwdan2/app.roll20.net-1481718883107.log?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/9odjvr2idzwdan2/app.roll20.net-1481718883107.log?dl=0</a>
The Problem still persists, any news?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Doing more research into this issue. The functionality of being able to play a track outside a playlist simultaneously became lost when we made track playlist creation available. At present, this is not a bug, but a loss of an older functionality after a feature update.

Edited 1489533881
Sorry if there is a more recent post on this, as this was the most recent one I was able to find. Since this was an older feature that no longer exists, is there anything in the timeline for re-adding this feature? Or alternatively, is this not seen as a feature worth implementing on the roll20 side? If there is some sort of place to vote for features I'd be willing to throw a +1 in there.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I have included this issue in our collection of refinement tickets for current features as I understand the need for being able to play tracks outside of playlists. I don't know where this will be on our timeline to address. Development resources has been stretched to the maxium for a while now. Our community has grown in leaps and bounds to the point where we need to increase the size of our development team to compensate. That's why&nbsp; we're currently in a hiring spree to add more hands to address everyone's needs.

Edited 1490234148
Kristin C. said: I have included this issue in our collection of refinement tickets for current features as I understand the need for being able to play tracks outside of playlists. I don't know where this will be on our timeline to address. Development resources has been stretched to the maxium for a while now. Our community has grown in leaps and bounds to the point where we need to increase the size of our development team to compensate. That's why&nbsp; we're currently in a hiring spree to add more hands to address everyone's needs. Thanks for the update! I will be on the lookout for any potential posts about this coming back in the future, as while it is not game breaking it can be an issue if you like to organize the music under playlists to indicate what they are for. Such as one playlist with different types of ambient effects for wind, fire, rain, etc and then another playlist for battle music to go along with the ambient noises.
Since you are working on the jukebox right now and are in the proccess of ironing out its bugs. I wanted to ask if this issue (starting a playlist stopping individual tracks) is going to fixed in while you work on it?&nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
What we fixed in the Jukebox was a simple quick fix regarding the Play on Load function (and the fix is already up on the Dev Server and will likely be ready to be pushed to Production soon barring any unforeseen issues with it). From what I've been told about the multiple track and playlist issues, is that it'll take some digging and possibly some rewriting of how the Jukebox handles playlists.
Hi any update on the playlist fix?
Gid
Roll20 Team
No, not yet. A redesign of this nature will require a development sprint where we handle Jukebox maintenance and improvements such as this as a batch of issues to handle.
Hello, sorry to bother you Kristin but as I recently found myself being in need of this mentioned feature, I want to ask you when you might run such a sprint (FYI I am aware how sprints work I would just like to get a timeframe from you if possible :) )