Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Update 10/25: Marketplace Gifting!

Edited 1477431108
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi rollers, We're excited to announce a gifting option to the Roll20 marketplace! Just in time for the holidays, you can buy any item, including art packs, modules, and bundles for your fellow gamers. To give a gift, purchase the marketplace item like you would normally, from the marketplace browse page. At time of purchase you'll find new options that will let you pick who will receive the item. These options include players from your list of recent games or a Roll20 account email address. Happy gifting! PS. You may notice that the "Purchase" button will always say "Purchase", even if you own the pack. This is so that you can go an purchase the pack again for a friend if you want. If you already own the pack the "Myself" option will be disabled, like in the image below.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I get a vote back.  ;-) Thanks for adding this Roll20.  Nice feature.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: I get a vote back.  ;-) Thanks for adding this Roll20.  Nice feature. Yeah, I was going to ask if the Suggestion forum was going to be updated, because it doesn't look like it has been yet. :)
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Finderski: It is done. (if you gave me like 30 more seconds before checking I would have had it :P)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Phil B. said: Finderski: It is done. (if you gave me like 30 more seconds before checking I would have had it :P) No quarter given... ;-P Thanks for the update Phl.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice! Can't wait to see what you come out with next (thats right, no rest for you... get back to work!) ;)
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Love this new feature! One suggestion I have for though is to have the list of recipients be sorted and/or searchable-as-you-type.
This is awesome! My one query being; what happens if you try buy a pack as a gift for someone and they already own it..? 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Couple this with a  Marketplace Wish List feature...
Is this potentially anonymous as the subscription gifts have been?
Ahh if only my players gave a crap about me or the $650 Ive spent DMing for them.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Brooklyn said: This is awesome! My one query being; what happens if you try buy a pack as a gift for someone and they already own it..?  If you try and buy a pack for someone and they already have it, the purchase won't go through and it will tell you that they have it already.
KK . said: Is this potentially anonymous as the subscription gifts have been? Yes you can choose to give it Anonymously if you wish.