Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 6.11.3+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.11.3 (2016-10-26) Bug Fixes Attacks, Actions, Reactions, and Legendary Actions that previously existed will retain "Attack" being toggled if it was unchanged from the default (being toggled). As 6.11.2 new repeating items of these sections will not have "Attack" toggled on by default. The repeating controls will no longer mix in the view with the following section - there will be a break after. Safe to use the latest again - there should be no issues upgrading.
If easy viewing is the goal then adding some kind of toggle to show the description of items is really the way to go imo. That can give you the overview you're seeking. If you agree I can add it to my issues list. Yeah, I think that's probably the easiest solution to keep all aspects the same :) Cheers, man!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.11.4 (2016-10-26) Bug Fixes Quick button for equipment is now clickable on the right side All fields should fill in when dragged from SRD for Armor and Equipment
Things are looking great, only thing I noticed in the time I had to tests is in display mode, all spells says that they are ritual next to the level regardless of if the button is toggled or not. Filters work its just the display mode for the spells.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji said: in display mode, all spells says that they are ritual next to the level regardless of if the button is toggled or not. Filters work its just the display mode for the spells. I have no idea what this means. In presentation mode you see the word ritual at some points?
All spells are saying they are a ritual is display mode as seen below
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.11.5 (2016-10-27) Bug Fixes Hit dice have less spacing Roll templates for damage and secondary damage slightly adjusted to ensure the middle + has spacing as before Other technical adjustments like forced height of the toggle buttons, select boxes, and pseudo buttons Ritual does not show for all spells now - only rituals.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Heya, thanks as usual for your continuing work on this. A quick question - on the current reshaped public game the spells section looks like this: but when I install the latest css/html it looks like this: Is there a way for me to get my hands on the top version or is it a work-in-progress?
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
OK I got it - I didn't realize you have to go into Edit mode on the spell page and turn on spell slots (where appropriate). Perhaps Spell Slots should be on by default? I also had to change a spell level (e.g. from cantrip to level 1) on each PC to get the sheet to populate the quick-text area properly, but that's ok.
Sorry I haven't been following. I'm on vacation this week. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Tim: Can you specify what the old version was and what the new version is? Upgrade shoooould handle this, but it has been finicky lately.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: @Tim: Can you specify what the old version was and what the new version is? Upgrade shoooould handle this, but it has been finicky lately. I'm not Tim, but it definitely does not auto-populate from 6.9.1. Not a big deal though, since changing a single spell will fix it.

Edited 1477651699
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, I totally believe that it isn't working. For some reason my upgrade scripts have been finnicky lately. Any version less than 6.11.5 should then run a bunch of commands which update many things, including the spell list on the sheet. I'll have to try to debug why this isn't happening automatically as there is much more involved than just the spell list: spells.updateWarlockSlots(); spells.updateHasSpellSlots(); spells.updateHasSpellPoints(); character.updateLevels(); spells.updateChatMacro(); this.updateWarlockMaxLevelOrdinal(); spells.updateSheetList(); attacks.update(); abilityChecks.updateInitiative(); psionics.updateChatMacro(); psionics.updateSheetList(); psionics.updateShowHide(); this.attackToggle('repeating_attack'); this.attackToggle('repeating_action'); this.attackToggle('repeating_reaction'); this.attackToggle('repeating_legendaryaction'); You'll notice that that upgrade is supposed to toggle spell slots automatically if the character has spell slots. It is also supposed to update the sheet list for spells and several other things. If it doesn't run then it'll be a problem.
FYI, somewhere between 6.11.1 and 6.11.5 the sheet seems to have unchecked attack from most of my weapon macros.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That happens on 6.11.2 as mentioned just a few posts above. I haven't taken the time to determine why upgrade scripts aren't firing. There is no change from before on my end. I know Riley has fixed some sheet workers bugs so I wonder if that solves it
I'm having trouble adding Draconic Resilience for a Dragonborn Sorcerer. I understand that it's a class effect. However, even when I manually go to add a set armor with the name "Draconic Resilience" I can't get it to calculate the proper value (13 + Dex Mod). In the top armor section, I cant modify the type as recommended&nbsp; here for an older sheet version. I can only use the dropdown to select unarmored, but then I have nowhere to add my Dex modifier. If I set the type to Unarmored, and modify the lower section so that it uses my Dex for Unarmored ability, I cannot modify the base "Unarmored AC" &nbsp;to 13 for it to calculate properly. Thanks for any help.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Add Draconic Resilience as Light armor for now. I'll have to reexamine how these armor types should work. Dex is already added to unarmored by default.
Kryx said: That happens on 6.11.2 as mentioned just a few posts above. I haven't taken the time to determine why upgrade scripts aren't firing. There is no change from before on my end. I know Riley has fixed some sheet workers bugs so I wonder if that solves it Ahh, sorry. I see it now... I had just glazed over it and not loaded 6.11.2 because of an issue that was soon to be fixed. Thanks again for all of the hard work on your great sheet! My group is always impressed by it.
Hello, Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but I've been searching all morning and can't seem to find an answer. &nbsp;I am currently GM'ing a game using the Storm King's Thunder module. &nbsp;I am a plus level subscriber, my players are all free-level. &nbsp;I have the game setup to use the Shaped 5e character sheet, but currently it looks like it is using version 5.6.x, how do I upgrade the sheets? &nbsp; &nbsp;Specifically: Do I need to be Pro level subscriber? Is there a way to backup the old sheets or some other way to revert? &nbsp;My players have spent a lot of time customizing their chars so I would hate to ruin it Will it interfere with the SKT module in anyway? Thanks
You have to have Pro to pull beta sheet from GIT&nbsp;
TheWebCoder said: You have to have Pro to pull beta sheet from GIT&nbsp; Yes but the latest version without PRO pulling is 6.5.1 so somewhere something is not right if they are seeing 5.6.x H
Actually, that was a typo, my sheets are all 6.5.1 (not 5.6)...my apologies for the momentary dyslexia. So....am I correct that the if a new shaped sheet becomes "official" (not beta) it will automatically upgrade all my sheets in game that are using it? &nbsp; Similarly, &nbsp;if I want to use a beta sheet I have to be Pro level? &nbsp;(which I probably will do soon anyway).
Jack V. said: Actually, that was a typo, my sheets are all 6.5.1 (not 5.6)...my apologies for the momentary dyslexia. So....am I correct that the if a new shaped sheet becomes "official" (not beta) it will automatically upgrade all my sheets in game that are using it? &nbsp; Similarly, &nbsp;if I want to use a beta sheet I have to be Pro level? &nbsp;(which I probably will do soon anyway). Ah good. 6.5.1 is latest (non beta). Yes, you are correct. You do nothing and the sheet updates to latest. You are a pro level, you can update to the beta version and should for unimportant games so you can help debug. Pay attention to these threads to see when he updates the beta. He will often create new threads to help keep it at the top of the community section. enjoy H
Villagelder
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I love your sheet and appreciate all the work you have put into it. Can you a one button 'remove all skills' (reverse of the Generate button) on the NPC/Monster sheet please? Many creatures have few or no augmented skills and being able to quickly remove them all would be helpful.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Kryx said: @Tim: Can you specify what the old version was and what the new version is? Upgrade shoooould handle this, but it has been finicky lately. I'm currently on 6.11.5, but I didn't note down the old version number, sorry! It was a number of versions ago, in any case - I was holding back on updating because of where we were at in our campaign. Another question - is there a trick to getting the "quick" equipment toggle to work? It should just hide the items that aren't ticked with the second tickbox, right? It doesn't seem to do anything for me right now.
So this happens on my PCs and NPCs when I import spells...? Any idea what thats about and how I stop it? :/ Right, weirdly if I delete one spell though, it fixes thems... They change to only one per spell...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Villagelder said: Can you a one button 'remove all skills' (reverse of the Generate button) on the NPC/Monster sheet please? Many creatures have few or no augmented skills and being able to quickly remove them all would be helpful. We discussed this when I first worked on the sheet. Creatures without bonuses to these skills still need these skills to roll opposed athletics or acrobatics to avoid grapples for example. Some suggested that you could just roll strength, but some newer players might not know which skill is associated with which ability score so it was suggested to leave all skills. I could technically add a button that removes all skills without proficiency or make it more automated via the script possibly, but that would result in them being removed from the sheet and the chat macro. We could re-examine this decision, but that is something the community should weigh in on. Tim said: Another question - is there a trick to getting the "quick" equipment toggle to work? It should just hide the items that aren't ticked with the second tickbox, right? It doesn't seem to do anything for me right now. That is how quick should work. Currently it doesn't seem to work on 6.11.5. I presume this is due to some CSS issue. Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: So this happens on my PCs and NPCs when I import spells...? Any idea what thats about and how I stop it? :/ Right, weirdly if I delete one spell though, it fixes thems... They change to only one per spell... This happens only if you import spells via the script - it doesn't happen via SRD. I'm not 100% sure what is going on and it shouldn't be possible at all as each time it updates the spells it generates a whole new list, but I'll investigate. adding a new spell or removing a spell will resolve it as a temporary fix. Current outstanding issues: Upgrade is not auto-toggling attack for previous attacks like it should. It's also not running the other upgrade commands. Quick button for equipment is not hiding the non-quick items Spell import results in the list of spells above. Let me know of any other current issues.

Edited 1477951429
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.11.6 (2016-10-31) Bug Fixes Equipment Quick Items restored to working condition. You'll need to retoggle each item as a quick item or not. Forced upgrade to always run on every page open. @John S: Can you please verify if the issue you expressed still exists? This should force it to upgrade always. This is not a long term solution, but perhaps a workable short term soltuion. I need to understand what is going on here because for me it just works. Spells import is a hairier issue that will take more time to solve. For now it's very very laggy and you need to add a spell and then remove one at the end.
Tim
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
That did the trick, legend - thanks again Kryx.
Kryx said: @John S: Can you please verify if the issue you expressed still exists? This should force it to upgrade always. This is not a long term solution, but perhaps a workable short term soltuion. I need to understand what is going on here because for me it just works. Assuming you are asking about the spell macros? I already updated all of my PCs & NPCs using the manual method you gave. Im that sorry I cannot help test your fix unless there was another problem besides spell macro.
A minor comment: The old 5.0.8 image of the core page in the first post of the shaped thread should probably be updated by a newer one in the next thread considering the latest changes to the core page. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John S. said: Assuming you are asking about the spell macros? I already updated all of my PCs & NPCs using the manual method you gave. I was asking about the attack re-toggling upgrade. Spells part isn't fixed. @Gediablo: the differences aren't really that much. I'll take a new screenshot at some point though.
Ill check for you Kryx, similar issue happened to my players.
Seems to have fixed the attack and equipment now.

Edited 1478197306
Our GM just upgraded all our sheets to the new shaped sheets because he got a notification that we would be unable to play with the old style for much longer (we've been playing with the old style for well over a year). Very little information actually imported correctly, although most of it can at least be found in the attributes/abilities tab. I'm inputting my spells by hand, however, since they didn't come across at all. So far it's fairly obvious how to fill in spells and I can cast the first couple that I've input - EXCEPT that 0 damage is showing. The damage section is filled in (for acid splash I put 2d6 acid) but when I cast the spell it shows as a big 0 and a mouseover reveals "Rolling 0 = 0". How do we get it to show spell damage? I was able to get weapons to roll damage, so I know I've figured that part out. Is there something extra and non-obvious we have to turn on to get spells to work?&nbsp; Thanks.&nbsp; {Edit} Ok, one of the other players in our group figured it out. Apparently you have to go to the "settings" tab and type in a number in the "spell attack bonus" field. Then cast a spell. Then go back to the settings and turn the bonus back off again. Then the spell will cast with the correct damage, rather than with 0. I have to say, this is incredibly counter-intuitive and surely it can't have been designed to work this way. Still, at least now we can cast spells with damage.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you say "old", what version are you referring to? Was it an old shaped sheet? If you're upgrading from an version 1 of the shaped sheet I highly recommend starting a new character - it doesn't take all but 5 mins to copy the data (besides spells). Spells can be done either via the SRD or via the script. For the spells it sounds like an upgrade problem. The bonus shouldn't be required to be set.

Edited 1478201179
Our old sheets were before the shaped versions started coming out. They had way more tabs - we had a separate tab for Class, and Background, etc. Yesterday our GM switched to the new shaped sheet to see what it was like, and then it wouldn't let him switch back to the old version. So all we have is what we have in the Attributes/Abilities fields and our memories of what our characters had.&nbsp; It's OK. I was using spell cards as a supplement. So typing all the info out by hand isn't terrible, and the spells are the only things that didn't import at all. I'm having a tough time forcing the sheet to put the spells in the order I want, though. When I add a new one, it keeps trying to put it at the front rather than at the back. I'll just have to re-type the first couple of spells to get them in the right order.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, yes. You can't go back to the Shaped Legacy sheets. It's always best to make duplicates of a game before upgrading to ensure you can downgrade. But what's done is done. As I mentioned above I'd recommend starting new sheets for each player as a lot of fields are left over and you'll experience a decent amount of weird behavior. Upgrading from Shaped legacy isn't supported and there isn't much I can do to help you with issues.
Yeah, I'm a little cross with our GM for not letting us take copies of our characters before he did the upgrade. But yeah, it's done now. And we're getting them beaten into submission. :) Luckily we weren't super-high level with tons of spells.&nbsp;
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Heather A. said: Yeah, I'm a little cross with our GM for not letting us take copies of our characters before he did the upgrade. But yeah, it's done now. And we're getting them beaten into submission. :) Luckily we weren't super-high level with tons of spells.&nbsp; If I were in your place, I would ask your GM to give you a new clean sheet that you can put the info into. Otherwise, you're likely to run into a lot of strange behaviour in the future...

Edited 1478249280
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is there some way you can bring back preparing spells outside edit mode, or at least without expanding spells? Preparing spells can get quite cumbersome now, especially if you have a lot of them. EDIT: More importantly, something seems to reset spell slots to full? Reproduction path: create a new character sheet, set wizard level to 1, set spell slots to 1/2, close character sheet and reopen it, spell slots are now 2/2.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That slots issue could be a result of the forced upgrade. I'll check into that. Regarding Prepared: less than half of casters care about it and less than that adjust it regularly so I was thinking of the following solution: Add a toggle to simply hide prepared. Have it hidden by default and turn it on for characters with prepared classes. Allow people to adjust it manually as well. Move prepared to a spot similar to its old position, but visible in edit mode. So it'll be visible while in edit mode, but the spell toggled or not will have no impact on its visibility. Thoughts?

Edited 1478252369
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: That slots issue could be a result of the forced upgrade. I'll check into that. Regarding Prepared: less than half of casters care about it and less than that adjust it regularly so I was thinking of the following solution: Add a toggle to simply hide prepared. Have it hidden by default and turn it on for characters with prepared classes. Allow people to adjust it manually as well. Move prepared to a spot similar to its old position, but visible in edit mode. So it'll be visible while in edit mode, but the spell toggled or not will have no impact on its visibility. Thoughts? I prefer the first variant (but then, I'm a toggles person). Line of thinking: for non-prepared casters, it mostly gets in the way, but for prepared casters, you really want it in a somewhat prominent place, and you'd want to view, and change, if a spell is prepared, even in display mode.&nbsp;

Edited 1478252800
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They weren't meant as variants, but part of the same solution. Presentation mode isn't really the place for it imo. It is something you may edit on a long rest or once in a while, not something you continuously edit like spell slots. That's the line I've drawn for editable inputs when determining if it goes in Edit mode or Presentation mode: how often is it adjusted?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: They weren't meant as variants, but part of the same solution. Presentation mode isn't really the place for it imo. It is something you may edit on a long rest or once in a while, not something you continuously edit like spell slots. That's the line I've drawn between Edit mode and Presentation mode: how often is it adjusted? Ah, right. That will work, too. I agree that you would not change prepared spells that often, and displaying the prepared box in the old spot in edit mode will work fine for changing preparation. It just seems useful to look at your spells and see at a glance which ones are prepared and which ones are not without having to filter things out (or entering edit mode, which may have your spells expanded and taking up too much space to get a quick overview). But perhaps that's just psychology and the cost in display space is not worth it.

Edited 1478254969
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: It just seems useful to look at your spells and see at a glance which ones are prepared and which ones are not without having to filter things out That's true. Seeing it and editing it could be different.. But then I come back to: "seeing other factors like components or concentration would also be nice". But that's kind of the point of showing the spells in a non-condensed form. hmm..
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dumb idea:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: But then I come back to: "seeing other factors like components or concentration would also be nice". But that's kind of the point of showing the spells in a non-condensed form. See above. If I'm going to do it for prepared I should do it for the others as well.
Lars K.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Kryx said: But then I come back to: "seeing other factors like components or concentration would also be nice". But that's kind of the point of showing the spells in a non-condensed form. See above. If I'm going to do it for prepared I should do it for the others as well. And those could be handled in the same way as Jakob suggests. A short list of characters in a small font is very informative and takes up very little space. I rather like this idea.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They could not all be handled in that manner as many spells have quite long names so adding more data to the first line would not fit. It would have to drop onto multiple lines. I think this is what the uncondensed view is for. You can then see level, school, ritual, prepared (currently missing) and all the other factors like casting time, range, components, and duration. If anything I could provide a version that has the second line as well. I'm thinking of removing the target field.