Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Survey About a Cool Possibility...

We are talking with the fine folks at DriveThruRPG about bringing some PDF content to Roll20. Nothing is finalized, but we've been talking with them long enough that we both realized we could use some feedback from the community.  If you're interested in helping us shape this possible future, please  take this survey . Thanks!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Survey was quick and painless.  Thank you for that.   I'm not sure if this would be better than purchasing the content directly and having the option of sharing it with my group on roll20 and/or using it outside of the roll20 platform. I would only consider the purchase of integrated material if it either had a discounted price over the stand-alone product, mostly due to it's "roll20-only" limitation, or if it was overwhelmingly convenient to use within roll20. That said, thanks for continuing to expand the features available to the roll20 community.
Done, I couldn't completely decide which implementation I prefered, but it seems like we have good things in our future no matter what. 
If my players didn't have to buy all the books as individuals as well as my own copies, I'd love that. At the worst-case scenario, we all chip in a few dollars each for a new book and voila!, there it is on roll20. I love Drivethru RPG and I love roll20. I wasn't bothered by any implementation as long as they are accessible in-game: compendium or otherwise. Having that at our fingertips for complex games or specific situations would be great. Not all my players have multi-monitor set-ups, and have difficulty swapping between so many different pages while in the midst of a battle: roll20, pdfs, discord / skype / other, online SRDs, etc. The availability and sharing aspect is also what I love: tabletop shouldn't be about everyone having 10 copies of books each, it should be more about sitting down and playing. If my players want new books, I could just search and share. TL;DR: I love this idea!
Done! I'm always down for stream-lining things :)

Edited 1477815173
Survey implies you have to re-buy your existing pdfs to share them. If so, it is not really an attractive option if it means doubling the cost of pdf purchases.
Bilharzia said: Survey implies you have to re-buy your existing pdfs to share them. If so, it is not really an attractive option if it means doubling the cost of pdf purchases. A full re-buy is nobody's intention, but we do anticipate a specific licensing fee for this sort of use-- essentially an "add-on" that grants purchasers the ability to share with players. More information as this plan comes together.