Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Roll bug macros

sometimes using PG's macros, the roll don't work and the dice don't go away
1382556464
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you provide more information? For example, who or what is "PG"? What is the macro name and body? - Gauss
emh... i'm sorry. The text was just wrong. my bad!
1382638742
Gauss
Forum Champion
So everything is working now? - Gauss
yes yes :D i'm sorry
Actually, I'm experiencing a rolling issue. For some reason, a macro I've programmed will roll dice and then they just remain there and the chat doesn't display the roll results. Any other macros do not experience this problem; however, if this error is made first, later rolls will experience the same issue. This is a bit confounding as I cannot understand what is causing this error to occur from a relatively simple macro command.
Alright, after some further investigation and tests, I may have found out why this error was occuring as well as a fix for it. Here is the original macro, a Melee roll: #Melee /em @{selected|token_name} attacks! (@{selected|token_name} uses no AP.) ► MELEE /roll @{selected|BODY} + @{selected|Melee} + @{selected|WeaponMEL} The @{selected|Melee} field referred to a attribute whose information was left blank, assuming the player wouldn't have put any points/dice into it. As a result, while the appropriate dice were rolled, there appeared to be some sort of chat error displaying the results, probably due to the blank information field. (It would've ended up looking like this in the chat had it possibly worked: d4 + + d4.) This was confirmed with removing information from the same general field for a Ranged macro I had set up. The same error then occurred for that roll. The easiest way to remedy this was to simply provide a value of 0 to the information field in question. I was under the assumption that the system would have assumed an automatic 0 for any blank attribute field.
1384081883

Edited 1384081978
Gauss
Forum Champion
Christopher B., What is happening here is that when there is two plus signs "together" they create a bug (this is a known bug). In this case a blank value is allowing the + before and + after to come together. I will let the Devs know and add this thread to the ++ bug report. - Gauss