Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Another Macro Question

Is there some kind of, max, register-able size to macros? I have an EXP Macro written out, and, it's pretty lengthy, and, it doesn't do anything. I knew I wrote it right so I broke it down into tiers and found that, in seperate pieces, it works fine, but combining them, the last section takes a flying leap into nowhere and hangs up the macro. I wasn't aware of any size restrictions to macros. Is it possible I just hit a wall? Is there a way around it?

Edited 1477887279
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
How large are we talking? and is this just a straight macro, or are there api calls involved? I've entered about 4500+ lines of commands via C&P into the chat input panel for importing some tables via Aaron's TableExport Script without a problem (beyond the fact that it took about 5 minutes for the script to process them all of course ;D ). Not sure why having it as a macro instead of straight to chat would be different. Have you tried copy and pasting the contents into chat and seeing if it works like that?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Up to 100 Roll Queries can be entered into the Text Chat at a single time. It sounds like your macro might exceed this limit.

Edited 1477887900
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
&{template:default} {{name=EXP}} {{Charos Warrior=[[ceil((?{Charos' Base EXP?|0}+((?{Charos' Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Charos' Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Charos' Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Charos' HD Deafeated?|0}*10*@{Lord Adalric Latro|level-class1})+?{Charos' Bonus EXP|0}]]}} {{Corvo Warrior=[[ceil((?{Corvo's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Corvo's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Corvo's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Corvo's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Corvo's HD defeated?|0}*10*@{Katherin Ebenblinder|level-class1})+?{Corvo's Bonus EXP?|0}]]}} {{Gent Priest=[[ceil((?{Gent's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Gent's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Gent's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Gent's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Gent's Granted Powers Cast?|0}*100)+(?{Gent's Spells Cast Level 1?|0}*100)+(?{Gent's Spells Cast Level 2?|0}*200)+(?{Gent's Spells Cast Level 3?|0}*300)+?{Gent's Bonus EXP?|0}]]}} {{Jim Warrior=[[ceil((?{Jim's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Jim's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Jim's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Jim's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Jim's HD defeated?|0}*10*@{Justicar Hermann|level-class1})+?{Jim's Bonus EXP?|0}]]}} {{Julia Wizard=[[ceil((?{Julia's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Julia's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Julia's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Julia's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Julia's Spell Level 1 Researched|0}*500)+(?{Julia's Spell Level 2 Researched|0}*1000)+(?{Julia's Spell Level 3 Researched?|0}*1500)+(?{Julia's Wizard Spell Level 1 Cast?|0}*100)+(?{Julia's Spell Level 2 Cast?|0}*200)+(?{Julia's Wizard Spell Level 3 Cast?|0}*300)+?{Julia's Bonus EXP|0}]]}} {{Robert Warrior=[[ceil(((((?{Robert's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Robert's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Robert's Roleplay EXP?|0})/2)*?{Robert's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Robert's HD Defeated?|0}*10*@{Ke'el|level-class1})+?{Robert's Bonus EXP?|0})*.95)]]}} {{Robert Wizard=[[ceil((((((?{Robert's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Robert's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Robert's Roleplay EXP?|0})/2)*?{Robert's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Robert's Spell Level 1 Researched|0}*500)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 2 Researched|0}*1000)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 3 Researched|0}*1500)+(?{Robert's Wizard Spell Level 1 Cast?|0}*100)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 2 Cast?|0}*200)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 3 Cast?|0}*300)+?{Robert's Bonus EXP?|0}))*.95)]]}} {{Tarlef Hench 1=[[ceil(((((?{Robert's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Robert's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Robert's Roleplay EXP?|0})/2)*?{Robert's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Robert's HD Defeated?|0}*10*@{Ke'el|level-class1})+?{Robert's Bonus EXP?|0})*.05)]]}} {{Tarlef Hench 2=[[ceil((((((?{Robert's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Robert's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Robert's Roleplay EXP?|0})/2)*?{Robert's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Robert's Spell Level 1 Researched|0}*500)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 2 Researched|0}*1000)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 3 Researched|0}*1500)+(?{Robert's Wizard Spell Level 1 Cast?|0}*100)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 2 Cast?|0}*200)+(?{Robert's Spell Level 3 Cast?|0}*300)+?{Robert's Bonus EXP?|0}))*.05)]]}} {{Seth Priest=[[ceil((((?{Seth's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Seth's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Seth's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Seth's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Seth's Granted Powers Cast?|0}*100)+(?{Seth's Spells Cast Level 1?|0}*100)+(?{Seth's Spells Cast Level 2?|0}*200)+(?{Seth's Spells Cast Level 3?|0}*300)+?{Seth's Bonus EXP?|0})*.90)]]}} {{Masaiba Hench=[[ceil((((?{Seth's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Seth's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Seth's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Seth's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Seth's Granted Powers Cast?|0}*100)+(?{Seth's Spells Cast Level 1?|0}*100)+(?{Seth's Spells Cast Level 2?|0}*200)+(?{Seth's Spells Cast Level 3?|0}*300)+?{Seth's Bonus EXP?|0})*.10)]]}} {{Trevor Rogue=[[ceil((?{Trevor's Base EXP?|0}+((?{Trevor's Combat EXP?|0})/?{Combat Split?|7})+?{Trevor's Roleplay EXP?|0})*?{Trevor's Bonus Multiplier?|1.00})+(?{Trevor's Thief Skill Use?|0}*200)+(?{Trevor's Gold Gained?|0}*2)+?{Trevor's Bonus EXP?|0}]]}} So..... There's the entirety of it. If I try to run the whole thing as one macro, it get's to the end of Seth's section, and then stops asking questions and just vanishes. If I break it up into smaller chunks, it works fine though. Edit: Just saw you Silvyre. Yeah, that would probably be the limit I'm hitting then. I wasn't aware of that. I'll keep them separate then as there are a large number of queries yet to come depending on the level the game reaches.