Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Calendar Script to Traveller game

I need a basic Calendar Script that will track days and allow me to make notes on days and remind me when they come up. The traveller calendar is a bit different as they do not use months and its day 1 is a holiday and the other 364 days are broken into 7 day weeks. Thats it. I would like to be able to configure the names of the 7 days and adjust days / weeks with macros. Other than that I don't need anything special like weather or such. Can anyone point me at one that will work or be able to modify (create) one to do what I need? Thanks Xargun
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I can probably help you with that, but it may be a while before I can turn something out.  What sort of timeline are you looking at?  Also, can you speak to how you'd like to interact with it and what sorts of displays and access you want?  I'll take an initial stab and you can make corrections: Data tracked Current year and day Names of the 7 days of a week Note(s) on a specific day Visibility of a note public (players can see it) private (gm only) specific (list of players that can see it) Commands Settings Weekday names Date Set to a specific date Set to a relative date (+1 day, +1 week +1 year, etc) Notes Add a note for a date Remove a note for a date Display Show the current date With/without notes Show all the notes in a range (All the notes for the year, all the notes for the next week, etc) Player Commands Display Show current date With/without notes Show all the notes in a range (All the notes for the year, all the notes for the next week, etc) How does that sound?
The Aaron said: I can probably help you with that, but it may be a while before I can turn something out.  What sort of timeline are you looking at?  Also, can you speak to how you'd like to interact with it and what sorts of displays and access you want?  I'll take an initial stab and you can make corrections: Data tracked Current year and day Names of the 7 days of a week Note(s) on a specific day Visibility of a note public (players can see it) private (gm only) specific (list of players that can see it) Commands Settings Weekday names Date Set to a specific date Set to a relative date (+1 day, +1 week +1 year, etc) Notes Add a note for a date Remove a note for a date Display Show the current date With/without notes Show all the notes in a range (All the notes for the year, all the notes for the next week, etc) Player Commands Display Show current date With/without notes Show all the notes in a range (All the notes for the year, all the notes for the next week, etc) How does that sound? That sounds wonderful :)   Seems like exactly what I'm looking for. Timeline is as soon as possible :)    I am planning to start my game the first week of December and would love to have this before then, but if not then I will take it whenever you can finish it :)   
Wait, Aaron didn't you already make a script like this <_>
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Wait, Aaron didn't you already make a script like this <_> Shhh... this may well be his prompt to remake it with some major improvements or in built customisation settings ;)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Most of the Mystara Calendar is not applicable, it's just too different. This is actually much simpler so I was going to try and make a one-off specific for this game system. 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Would it be worth considering plug in themes à la 'It's A Trap!' so that you could have a bare bones 'default' version which could be expanded to suit different systems, settings or other...?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It would and the rewritten version I have about 70% done has that concept... but it's more work than this simple script will be... =D
Wow that would work great for my SWN game.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A pegasus to go with the unicorn then... ;)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
SWN??
The Aaron said: SWN?? Stars Without Number is based on AD&D1E and Traveller.It is SciFi sandbox.
Just wondering if any headway has been made on this ? Xargun
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah actually, it's mostly finished, just have to sit down to it again. 
Excellent. I know I said it before, but thank you.
Just looking for an update

Edited 1481856795
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, sorry for the delay!  My wife gave birth to my 8th child on the 1st and I've been catching up on the forum. (I'm a week behind right now.)  Your script is near the top of my list of backlog to get worked out.  Sorry it's taking longer than I wanted.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(I'm working on this right now...)
The Aaron said: Hey, sorry for the delay!  My wife gave birth to my 8th child on the 1st and I've been catching up on the forum. (I'm a week behind right now.)  Your script is near the top of my list of backlog to get worked out.  Sorry it's taking longer than I wanted. Congratulations. I only have 1 kid and I know how crazy it gets.. You must be a special kind of crazy to have 8...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I definitely am. :). I've got the date and note logic done, just working out command logic and permissions, then display and I'm done. :)
Goat Games
Marketplace Creator
Man, a calendar script could be perfect for time limited quests and other tedious things I want to make my players suffer trough, I hope something awesome is made, I am sure Aaron can do it!
The Aaron said: I definitely am. :). I've got the date and note logic done, just working out command logic and permissions, then display and I'm done. :) Excellent. Can't wait to set it up and start using it.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I am ever so close to finishing this and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I have to clean up a little bit of formatting and write the help/config parts, then I'll drop a version 0.1.0.  =D
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spoiler alert... it looks freaking awesome!!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
NO SPOILERS,YOU!!!!! ...this is the only spoiler I will permit...
The Aaron said: NO SPOILERS,YOU!!!!! ...this is the only spoiler I will permit... Can't wait
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Finally!!! &nbsp;It's done!!!!! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4525803/script-i" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4525803/script-i</a>... Enjoy!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The Aaron said: It would and the rewritten version I have about 70% done has that concept... but it's more work than this simple script will be ... =D I should write a script to go back in time and slap November 4th me... =D
The Aaron said: Finally!!! &nbsp;It's done!!!!! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4525803/script-i" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4525803/script-i</a>... Enjoy! Thank you so much. I have added it to my game and am in process of setting it up.
Hey Aaron, Super cool script! Thanks a lot :) I do have a quick question though: Is there a way I can make/change specific dates a "holiday"?&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The way it's setup up only day 1 of the year is the holiday. &nbsp;You can change the name of the holiday and you can add the notes on any day saying it is a holiday.