Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Reloging, disconnects, and crashes.

Around 7 tonight I started up my new pathfinder game three years in the making, and OMG the game just WOULD NOT stop crashing! We must have had it crash out like 15 times, while people were working on their sheets, which made it very hard to get started. I have the details in spreadsheet: but I can't figure out how to send that...
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad first night. Can you tell me what exactly is crashing? Were you and your players getting disconnected from video/voice chat? Was the browser crashing? Were there any script errors occurring? Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
I will try all of the above this Thursday if the issue persists and get back to you, one way or another... (Also, in answer to your questions: 1: We were not getting disconnected from Voice chat, because we weren't using it; the Vox side of things was being handled by SKYPE. 2: The browser was not crashing exactly, just the tab running Roll20. We would reboot it, it would be OK for 1-5 minutes, then crash again, at least until around 8:30 pm EDT at which point it changed to every 20 - 30 minutes, and we were able to get on with the game. 3: Script errors were a constant problem. Nothing was working right with the scripts in the character sheets. One player had to rewrite all of the macros for his attacks before they would roll the way they were supposed to, and other people found themselves having to re-enter information a half dozen times or more before it would "Take".)
Gid
Roll20 Team
Which character sheet have you been using? It's hard to guess without seeing a console log or an example script error, but it sounds like the issue is possibly the character sheet or an API script (if you're using any).
The Recommended Pathfinder sheet.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Alexei, could you provide a  console log and paste it here in the thread when your game starts locking up, please?
I'll try.