Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help with syntax for repeating attributes on the AD&D2e character sheet.

I'm trying to write a macro that makes use of the AD&D2e character sheet weapon table to roll initiative depending on which weapon you are using.&nbsp; The example given here <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeati" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeati</a>... is&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_items_$1_itembonus} But i'm not sure what I need to do in order to pull up a specific weapon's speed. &nbsp;Can anyone provide an example of what I'm looking for?
So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as.

Edited 1478298776
SFX said: So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as. This is what i have so far: [[d10+@{selected|token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed}]] Do i need the dollar sign in there? So far, this isn't working. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gargamond said: SFX said: So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as. This is what i have so far: [[d10+@{selected|token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed}]] Do i need the dollar sign in there? So far, this isn't working. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found. Just guessing, without looking the actual attribute name, but is the speed attribute actually "token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed" or should it be "repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed"? example [[ d10+@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed} ]] also, ensure your token is linked to a sheet. ( Linking Tokens to Journals ) Cheers

Edited 1478300812
Vince said: Gargamond said: SFX said: So, these would be expressed as @{repeating_weapons_$X_weapspeed} or @{repeating_weapons2_$X_weapspeed} for ranged weapons in the newest edition that hasn't been released yet. NOTE: this is for the sheet I wrote, I don't know what Dylan's sections are written as. This is what i have so far: [[d10+@{selected|token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed}]] Do i need the dollar sign in there? So far, this isn't working. SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "s" found. Just guessing, without looking the actual attribute name, but is the speed attribute actually "token_repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed" or should it be "repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed"? example [[ d10+@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed} ]] also, ensure your token is linked to a sheet. ( Linking Tokens to Journals ) Cheers When I use [[ d10+@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_weapspeed} ]], the error says: No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_weapon_0_weapspeed} Yes, the token is correctly linked to a character sheet.
well... typically selected| is for clickies... so, if you are using a generic non-sheet specific macro, I would suggest something to the effect of, @{Seth|repeating_weapons_$0_weapspeed} ANNNNND as I typed that I saw your problem... you're missing an S.
SFX said: well... typically selected| is for clickies... so, if you are using a generic non-sheet specific macro, I would suggest something to the effect of, @{Seth|repeating_weapons_$0_weapspeed} ANNNNND as I typed that I saw your problem... you're missing an S. [[d10+@{selected|repeating_weapons_$0_weapspeed}]] works. &nbsp;Thanks :D
Here's a link to the results if you're interested. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2994028/ad-and-d" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2994028/ad-and-d</a>...