Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deleting Chat Archive to combat Campaign Lag -- Delete from the Game Page or from In-Game Settings Cog?

Hi! This post by Kristin C. indicates "deleting your chat archive, especially if there's been a lot of roll templates thrown down in chat. That's a known culprit of campaign lag that we're looking into." Does anyone know if this refers to "Clear Current Chat Log" from within the game (the "My Settings" cog), which is non-destructive  (chat archive remains): ... or "Clear Chat Archives" from outside the game (the "Settings" drop down on the game page), which is destructive  (all chat is deleted)? I'm hoping it's the former, so the party can keep the chat archive, but if not -- it is what it is.  Thanks!
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
It would definitely be the second one. 
Thanks! (As a DM I've noticed pretty significant performance issues on SKT the last two weeks.  I hadn't noticed these issues prior (I started the campaign 4 - 5 weeks ago, nor before that when starting with Roll20 in January.  Nothing has changed on my side (computer, browser, etc.), but I am looking into my Internet connection as well as any tweaks with Roll20 to help it.  Thanks again!)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is usually recommended that the GM or creator of the game go into the chat archive and make a copy of the chat, either as a html or text, before the clearing of the chat archive.
Pat S. said: It is usually recommended that the GM or creator of the game go into the chat archive and make a copy of the chat, either as a html or text, before the clearing of the chat archive. Thanks Pat! -- I looked into that right after Franky's post :) .