Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem searching for sounds in Fanburst

Hiya, This weekend I've started to have problems with finding the right sounds using the search feature. Even if I insert the exact name of the file in question it doesn't show up. It's not every time but often enough to become an annoyance. Anyone else experiencing this? On a similar note; could it be possible to arrange for directlinks to Fanburst? It would help a lot when handling large amounts of sound effects.
To me it seems that search engine is using only the first word of a search string. Would be great to see this fixed.

Edited 1478478430
It's not just Fanburst search - all Sound or Image search function seem to be broken. Hopefully gets fixed soon. On the other hand, searching at Fanburst, getting the URL and paste it in the Roll20 search does work.

Edited 1478491202
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Phil said: 셰터 said: It's not just Fanburst search - all Sound or Image search function seem to be broken. Hopefully gets fixed soon. On the other hand, searching at Fanburst, getting the URL and paste it in the Roll20 search does work. Searching via URL did not work for me. Me neither. 
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I find using the last part of the URL worked (albeit I've only tried once) So using Orchestral Village Music, copying "orchestral-village-music" from the end of the url found the correct file.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Doing some tests on my end, it looks like the searching for tracks is only seeking out the first word entered and then ignores anything else placed after the first space. (which would be why "orchestral-village-music" is working and "Orchestral Village Music" is not). I'll write up a bug ticket for this as this isn't working as intended. Thank you for the report!
Thanks Kristin.

Edited 1478628786
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You can now search by Fanburst URL. If you have a specific song on Fanburst that you want to add to your playlist you can copy and paste the whole URL pointing to a single song and the search will now retrieve that song for you so you can add it to your playlist. I've also fixed the "search with spaces" issue as well while I was in there. If you have any further issues with either of these please respond here and let me know.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The internet image search has not changed in a long time. No, it is not where we would like it to be, but as of right now there are no other options available to us. We will continue to search for a better alternative than what we have now, and we will let everyone know if we are able to find something. For now, if the search is not able to find images you need, I suggest: searching Google, downloading the image, and then manually uploading it to Roll20. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Phil B. said: You can now search by Fanburst URL. If you have a specific song on Fanburst that you want to add to your playlist you can copy and paste the whole URL pointing to a single song and the search will now retrieve that song for you so you can add it to your playlist. I've also fixed the "search with spaces" issue as well while I was in there. If you have any further issues with either of these please respond here and let me know. Thanks Phil. That was quick. :)
Glad to see that the Dev Team is listening.  I brought the sound issue up a couple of weeks ago. It may have taken some time, but you guys came through with the fix.  Thank you.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Our dev team is very small, think less than 3 full time people, so we are rarely able to fix bugs immediately. To be the most efficient with our time we will usually let a few pile up, then spend several days trying to clean out the whole list at once. Trying to constantly switch back and forth between our main project and each bug as it pops up makes it really hard to stay focused, and wastes time. If you've posted on the forum, especially the bug forum, I can guarantee at least one of us has read it, even if we didn't specifically respond to you.
Now that search is working, perhap it is working TOO well. I want to search through my tracks on Fanburst, but whatever I put in, I get dozens of tracks that don't match my search word(s). Is there a way to make sure only my keywords show up, and not the universe? -Falsoon
Gid
Roll20 Team
Have you tried inputting the URL directly into the search field yet? That was one of the Soundcloud functionalities Phil was able to get working again when fixing the search issues.
Copying the URL works great. But finding the URL in question is still something of a problem. I blame Fanburst for that though.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Ravenknight said: Copying the URL works great. But finding the URL in question is still something of a problem. I blame Fanburst for that though. I gave it a try on my end and this is what I did: After going to fanburst's website I ran search for the keyword "fire" and clicked on a track to bring it up. I &nbsp;then copied the URL from the address field of my browser (for my example: <a href="https://fanburst.com/alex-v/fire" rel="nofollow">https://fanburst.com/alex-v/fire</a> ) and pasted it into the Jukebox Fanburst search and was able to bring up that singular track.