Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Dice--symbols instead of numbers

Can you make custom dice??? for example I like descent the boardgame but they use custom dice...is that possible to script/create custom dice...all 6 sides but they have different symbols...so I would need the 6 sided dice to 'roll' a symbol instead of a number and there are several 'types' of 6 siders that each have different symbols....
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rollable Tables are what you're looking for. You can optionally assign images to the rollable table, which will be displayed when you roll it in the chat.
ah thanks!!!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Also, when you create a token from a Rollable table you will probably want to deselect the "Is Drawing" setting. - Gauss
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Out of curiosity Nat, which board game are you looking to emulate? I'm currently compiling a large selection of images for a custom-dice/rollable-tables marketplace set, and I'd love to know more about what symbols folks are most often looking to use for their game's custom dice.

Edited 1383146673
This whole Table thing keeps coming up as an answer to this issue, but I do not see how it is going to work. I tried bringing this up at gencon but I do not think the devs understand. Most of these people asking for this need a way to roll a DICE POOL. We need to be be able to change every time rolled... different kinds of dice, different numbers of dice... all rolled together at the same time. There are several games like this, but the one I am talking about in general is the new Star Wars RPG, Warhammer Fantasy is another.
Gid
Roll20 Team
BrashFink, if you got rollable table tokens on the tabletop you can select multiple dice at once and then roll the entire selected group. If you got all the available dice on the tabletop, then you can create a dice pool by just picking and choosing which dice you want to roll in a turn.
Also, rollable tables and macros play nicely with each other. So while it might take a little work on the front end to get everything loaded in and set up, eventually you'd have a point and click or point-click-and-enter way to do the dice pools. There's also an API script floating around for Edge of the Empire if you elect to go the Mentor route.