Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Who ya going call? GHOSTBUSTERS! New players welcomed

Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello everyone. I'm looking at toss together a simple game of ghostbusters (rules lite) with a house rule or two. Knowledge of the system is not required as it is so simple anyone can play. This would be on Wed (10/30) at 730pm to 10pm central time . I want to have 4 players as for this game that is the balanced amount. As this is such a simple game system, it would fit perfectly for new people to get their feet wet. I'm looking at it being a one shot right now but it could evolve into a continuing game. I will be using voice for the game and it will be in game chat system (Webrtc). The game will not be using maps (other than for reference) so bring your imagination with you.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/9732/the-new-ghostbusters" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/9732/the-new-ghostbusters</a>.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Got two interested players already. Spots filling up.
Wish I could play; I'd like to see how your version of this works. I've got a campaign of my own all set up based on the original game from 1986; didn't post it 'cuz I saw you were about to do one of your own. Unfortunately the time's not right for me; I've got another game at that time! If you end up running another session let me know!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
No problem. This is just a test session to see if my setup will work. I'm using the original rules with a tweak or two aka house rules. I looked at the GBI and while it was ok, I wanted something somewhat lighter in the rules. Something that was almost a beer and pretzel game feel. Drop me a pm and I will send you the action resolution thread and the character gen thread. Those cover almost everything needed in the game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ok. I have one player confirmed for tomorrows game so I got room for another 3 if they want a relaxing game of busting ghosts.
Ah...so the curse of working the night shift finally rears its ugly head. I not find a game, but a Ghostbuster game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yup. I figured it would be appropiate to run it near holloween. I might run a session thursday also but not sure. Depends on how wed game goes. If the session goes over well then I might turn it into an every other week game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Game is tonight got a room for another player or two.
How does one play this game? Im pretty familiar with Pathfinder and the like, though I have never heard of a ghostbusters game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I answered you question in the listing forums. It is a rather simple system. Say your character has Brains of 5 and you are trying to puzzle out the schematics of a building. You would roll 4d6+1d6(ghost die) and try to beat a DC. If you succeed you find out what you want, If you fail you find out info but it might not be want you need. Depending on how good or bad you roll will affect what type of info you get and how much help or hinder it will be.
I would play but im fresh to this game ive never played a dungeon game like this or used a 20 dice so your choice if you let me play or not, Well ill be looking up totorials btw so im learning
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is not a dungeon game. Have you ever seen the Ghostbuster movies? That is what I'm going to try to emulate somewhat.
Well i have seen ghostbusters, Thats one of my fav movies and thats why im here and sorry my keyboard is on its last legs it tends to miss 2 letters or one, and i usally come back and fix i didnt this time basicly speaking (I was supposed to put "or" between game and like) Sorry i do know ghost busters
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
its ok.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
also make sure you post in the listing so I know who to send an invite to.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Game tonight and I have the dice setup for use. They are cool also. I have two rollable tables with one of them setup for the ghost die also. D6 images for rollable tables
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Any who has not responded to the invites will have their invites revoked in an hour and I will run with those that have accepted the invites.

Edited 1383193493
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Had a game tonight. We had communication problems to start with. Tokbox wouldn't work, went to WebRTC and got it working somewhat. Half the group dropped out still. The players were fun to game with. Ran through part of a module and free ran another one. Observations I need more prep work done. Need to decide on a different way of communication. (will use skype next probably) Found out how cumbersome cards are for the game. More prep work not very good at comedic games. need more prep work. If people show interest I will try another game tomorrow at 730pm cental but it won't be slapstick style like ghostbusters was. It will be more Cthulth style. No new game at this time. Family matter popped up.