Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Ctrl-L when Line of Sight Not Enabled for Map

Detailed Description of the Problem I don't know if this is a bug, or how it is supposed to work...seems unintended so I'm posting bug. Anyway, when I copied a production campaign to Dev space and clicked Ctrl-L to view dynamic lighting from player's view the entire screen was black unless they were emitting light (i.e torch tokens and other character tokens emitting light were not visible). I finally figured out that I hadn't enabled LoS on the map yet. However, I would expect that the LoS setting (checked or not) would carry over to the Ctrl-L function. Note that this is ONLY when using Ctrl-L to check the player's view...the lighting works as expected with and without LoS when I enter the map as a player. Steps to Reproduce the Problem Place two tokens next to each other on a blank map with only Dynamic Lighting enabled. One token should emit light (like 20 ft.) that all players can see, and the other simply Has Sight. Select the token emitting light and use Ctrl-L to verify he emits light, then select the other token and use Ctrl-L and everything "goes dark". Then turn on the LoS setting for the map and repeat use Ctrl-L on the two token and things should look like they're supposed to. Description of Your Setup Win7 Chrome 30.0.1599.10
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thank you for reporting this. However, I believe this is working correctly since Ctrl-L has been a function for a long time that got an update with the new LoS system. Before LoS (or with LoS turned off): Ctrl-L shows what that token's light radius is. This is good for checking individual light sources in a light source heavy map. After LoS (with LoS turned on): Ctrl-L checks what that token can see using the LoS system when the LoS system is engaged. - Gauss