Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stuck on Loading and/or Can't See Drawing (Firefox)

We've been having an issue in our The Caves of Chaos game for a few weeks now. Some players get in just fine and have no issues, but myself and one other always get stuck on the loading screen for several minutes. Once it finally loads, we'll often have issues where we can't see all of the drawn terrain (the GM drew the map instead of importing an image), while other players can. -During the loading process, we have several chances to stop unresponsive scripts. There seemed to be a correlation between stopping the scripts and not seeing all of the drawn terrain, though stopping the scripts caused the game to load more quickly. -Sometimes refreshing fixes these problems (but we have to wait several minutes again), other times it takes multiple refreshes. -Today, I had a slightly different issue on my end: after several minutes of loading, everything showed up fine, but I had a red message at the top of the map saying that my connection had been interrupted. This message persisted, and people could not see my test chats. Here are some factors that might help: -The two players who this has been happening to are using Firefox. My version is 18.0.1. However, we have another player using Firefox 18.0.1 for whom it is working fine. Another working player is using Chrome, and I'm not sure about the final working player. -I tried installing Chrome, and the game loaded quickly and correctly. -I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. The working Firefox player is also using Windows 7. -Several of us are using AMD/ATI cards, including both the players for whom it is loading slowly or not working correctly. -We are using Skype for voice chat. The voice and video chat are disabled on roll20 for me and have been for some time. -The page we are playing on is using fog of war. There are lots of fog of war squares drawn, thanks to the big map and our piecemeal exploration of it. -The page we are playing on uses many, many drawn freeform lines for the map. -The page we are using on is relatively big. -I didn't have these problems with other roll20 games, so there seems to be something unique about the combination of this page (with fog of war and lots of lines?) and our browser configurations, even though another player has the same browser and it works for them. -I believe I tried the following things a few weeks ago: Trying with all Firefox add-ons disabled; trying without the Foxit pdfs open that we're using; and trying without the Skype call going. So, it seems to be browser-specific, since it worked when I tried it in Chrome. However, it's strange that it works for another FF user on the same OS with the same brand of video card. It also seems to be game-specific, as other games (with smaller pages with fewer drawings and smaller fogs of war) didn't have this problem. Thanks for any help you can give!
I had the same problem with Firefox and only seem to have it working through Chrome