Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Camera feed has a black bar

Noticed that there is the strange black bar in my camera feed with the new update to cameras in Roll20.  The strange thing is that only I see this on my screen.  My friends did not see the bar in their feeds.   Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?
I just fixed this by switching the " Chat Tech " from " Roll20 [Beta] WebRTC " to " OpenTok WebRTC "  

Edited 1479270335
So it happens with anyone using the Beta WebRTC.  It's only for me though.  Going to try checking drivers for my logitech camera. Looks like it is a Chrome only issue.  Don't experience this in Firefox.  I'll get some Chrome settings and info. 

Edited 1479283543
Webcam Diagnostics: Camera Marketing Name = Logitech HD Webcam C615 USB PID BCD = 082C0011 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Main application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\LWS\Webcam Software\Launcher_Main.exe Version: 13.51.815.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Main_help: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\logishrd\LWSPlugins\LWS\Applets\HelpMain\Main_Help.dll Version: 13.51.828.0 Software Version = 13.51.828.0 CPU  = AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor RAM = 8.00 GB O.S. =  : 10.0.10240 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ - PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 Win32_OperatingSystem { BuildNumber:10240 Locale:0409 Manufacturer:Microsoft Corporation Name:Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|C:\WINDOWS|\Device\Harddisk2\Partition4 ServicePackMajorVersion:0 ServicePackMinorVersion:0 SystemDirectory:C:\WINDOWS\system32 Version:10.0.10240 WindowsDirectory:C:\WINDOWS } Win32_ComputerSystem { Manufacturer:To be filled by O.E.M. Model:To be filled by O.E.M. SystemType:x64-based PC } Win32_Processor { Description:AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0 Manufacturer:AuthenticAMD MaxClockSpeed:4013 Name:AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor } Win32_BIOS { Description:2101 Manufacturer:American Megatrends Inc. SMBIOSBIOSVersion:2101 SMBIOSMajorVersion:2 SMBIOSMinorVersion:7 Version:ALASKA - 1072009 } Win32_TimeZone { Caption:(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) DaylightName:Pacific Daylight Time Description:(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) StandardName:Pacific Standard Time } Win32_PhysicalMemory (x2) { Capacity:8589934592 Caption:Physical Memory Capacity2:8589934592 Caption2:Physical Memory } Win32_USBController (x10) { Caption:Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Caption2:Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Caption3:Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Caption4:Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Caption5:ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) Caption6:ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) Caption7:Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Caption8:Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Caption9:Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Caption10:ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) } Misc { Language: English (United States) Time Zone: Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory: 2047 MB Available Physical Memory: 2047 MB Total Virtual Memory: 2047 MB Available Virtual Memory: 1911 MB Total Page File Space: 4095 MB Available Page File Space: 4095 MB } Web Browser Info: OS Type OS Version Browser Type Javascript Enabled Cookies Enabled Color Depth Screen Resolution Browser Window Size Flash Version User Agent Windows Windows NT 10.0 Chrome Yes Yes 24 1920 x 1080 1920 x 960 23.0.-1 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36
Oddly, I'm getting this exact same issue happening to my camera in Chrome but in the opposite fashion. It's only happening when using  OpenTok WebRTC and is removed when I swap to the  Roll20 [Beta] WebRTC. I'll see if I can post a diagnostic tonight when I get home.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Tacking this in here now that we've made an official  Bug Report forum thread for the Roll20 WebRTC now that OpenTok has been removed from the platform. New updates and feedback should continue on in that master thread to keep everything all in one place as we continue to make improvements based on your feedback.

Edited 1481476296
Previously under OpenTok, our audio was so bad (dropping people, frequent breaking up) that we went to Skype, which always works flawlessly. Last game we moved to Roll20 WebRTC to try it, and it worked great--the first game. Since then, it has the same problems as OpenTok for some of the players. I (as GM) do not have a problem, but several players cannot connect with audio. Strangely, two of the players can hear each other, but cannot hear anyone else in the party. (Everyone is using either Firefox or Chrome). Once we got everyone talking, it still dropped a player or two occasionally, and the audio broke up on one player so that we couldn't understand him. We are moving back to Skype.  With the loss of my hundreds of sound effects in Jukebox/SoundCloud, and this audio issue, we are wondering if Roll20 Pro version is a place for us.  -Falsoon
Gid
Roll20 Team
Falsoon said: Previously under OpenTok, our audio was so bad (dropping people, frequent breaking up) that we went to Skype, which always works flawlessly. Last game we moved to Roll20 WebRTC to try it, and it worked great--the first game. Since then, it has the same problems as OpenTok for some of the players. I (as GM) do not have a problem, but several players cannot connect with audio. Strangely, two of the players can hear each other, but cannot hear anyone else in the party. (Everyone is using either Firefox or Chrome). Once we got everyone talking, it still dropped a player or two occasionally, and the audio broke up on one player so that we couldn't understand him. We are moving back to Skype.  With the loss of my hundreds of sound effects in Jukebox/SoundCloud, and this audio issue, we are wondering if Roll20 Pro version is a place for us.  -Falsoon Falsoon, with the game that worked out well, do you remember which version you were using? We currently have two different versions in use (a beta version and the older build).