Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM Wants to Start an Anime RPG, Fri, Sat, or Sun, around 7-8:00 EST

Greetings, my fellow Roll20 players! I am looking for players who would like to play an RPG based in the world of the Bleach anime series. I was in an awesome Bleach campaign as a player recently, but the GM had to cancel the game due to real-life circumstances. I decided to see if there are any players out there who would like to play a campaign that really feels like an anime series. And by that, I mean more than just epic fight scenes. I mean developing your character's personality, forming bonds with the other PCs and NPCs, goofing off when you're not fighting, and dealing with crushing defeats as well as awesome victories. I say Bleach because that's the anime series I'm most familiar with, I'd be comfortable GM-ing a Fairy Tail game as well. As for the system, we could do either the HERO system (numbers heavy system, but allows you to create almost any ability you want) or the FATE system (little focus on numbers and stats, more focus on creativity and role-playing skill), depending on what the players wanted. My only requirements for joining this campaign is that you have watched or read at least some of the anime or manga that we decide to play, and that you're pretty sure you're going to be available on a regular basis at least every other week and are serious about playing.
I want to join and I know both bleach and fairy tail but I have never done this befor
I'm a big fan of Anime, but I've not seen anything recent, most of it is the older stuff; Battle Angel Alita, Trigun, Shadow Skill, etc. Seen Bleach and read the Manga up to the end of the Fake Karuka Town arc. Have you considered BESM(Big-Eyes, Small-Mouth) as a system to use? Would be interested but would need to get books. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Eyes,_Small_Mouth" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Eyes,_Small_Mouth</a>
I am interested, i have read alott of manga. ^^
I'm interested, I've watched the Anime up to the same point as David. I'm available anytime on Saturdays or Sundays and open to any system, I'm sorta new to role playing games in general.
Interesting. :D Thanks for the responses so far. @ David: I have heard a lot about the BESM system, but have never played it. The reason I suggested either HERO system or Fate is that I have a lot of experience GMing both systems. @ All: Please let me know if you prefer Bleach or Fairy Tail and what system you think we should use. I may look into BESM but for now I'm going to say either HERO or Fate.
I guess Bleach, although I'd be totally fine with Fairy Tail too. As for the system, after briefly looking into both, I think I'll decide on the HERO system. But, again, if everyone else chooses Fate, I'm ok with that too.

Edited 1382919898
Kim W
Plus
Hey, I will like to join. I have watched both Bleach and Fairy Tail a while back. But I'm not up to date with them to much. Then again, I have watched all of kinds of anime. You can see a small list on my profile of some the shows. And I guess I will go with Fairy Tail and FATE system. I have look up the FATE system today and it seem good. Also, if your going to look into BESM system you can also look in to the Tri-Stat dX as they are the same system but BESM system is more up to date then Tri-Stat dX. But Tri-Stat dX is free and can be found on the net easy. Just watch out with you get from. &lt;_&gt;;
If it's either Friday or Sunday, I'd like to sign up. Between Bleach and Fairy Tale, I'm fine with either of the two, though I would lean more towards Fairy tail since that one seems more likely to allow for wacky and fun scenarios. I'm new to both Fate and HERO so I'll be looking into them in the meantime.
Awesome, I'm glad to be getting some feedback :) So far it looks like people are leaning towards Fairy Tail, and the Fate and HERO systems are tied with 1 vote each. If a couple more of you could chime in, I'll be able to get started preparing the game. One more thing, what day (or days) would you be able to play? If we can find a day that works for everyone we'll lock in on that day, but we should have an alternative day in case multiple people can't make it on our usual day. I'm hoping I can get 4 people who can all play at the same time. Thanks again for your interest again everyone!
I can do Friday or Sunday.
Actually, I think I'm gonna decide to drop out. I'm already committed to two other campaigns on both Friday and Sunday, right around the 7-8:00 EST timezone. I wish everyone the best of luck
Hey, I'm a fan of anime as well but I haven't seen much of the newer stuff either. I've only seen the intro to bleach and I've heard how it gets much more complicated later on so I doubt I'd be familiar enough so in any case have fun. Would you also consider doing something in the vein or setting of: Cowboy Bebop Samurai titles like: Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo Ghost in the Shell: SAC ?

Edited 1383282093
@ Kim: Thanks, it looks like Friday will work best for now. I'll count you in as a definite yes :) @ Everett: It looks like we're going with Fairy Tail, and I think I'll plan on using the Fate system for now. Can I count you in as well? @ Mark: I actually have seen several of the older animes, such as Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and Trigun. For now, though, I think we're going to stick with a more light-hearted and fast-paced setting. @ Everyone else: It looks like we're going to be playing the Fate system in the Fairy Tail setting. If anyone else definitely wants to join, please respond. For now, we'll be planning on playing Friday nights, and I'm going to say we'll start at 7:30 PM, EST. I'm going to go ahead and create the campaign, so those who are committed to playing post here and I'll invite you. See you soon!
Got your message. I'm definitely in.
Awesome! Kim and Everett are definitely in, can we get one more? :D
I would be interested in playing, I'm not caught up with farytail but I've seen around 10 episodes. would we be playing established characters or making our own?
Hey OP, would you be interested in running a campaign of a faster-paced show like K-On or Yuru Yuri? Bleach is good and all, but might not be action-packed enough to maintain player interest like K-On will.
@ Will: You would make your own character, it doesn't matter if your're caught up or not, as I haven't seen the entire series either. :) @ Dysrexia: We've actually decided on Fairy Tail, so if that's good with you then feel free to join in! I
Sounds awesome! Friday is best for me. But I could do Sunday too depending on the time.
We've decided in Friday, so that would work great! I'll send you an invite right away :)