Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Full Auto Macro

I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a generic full auto macro for use with savage worlds. Firing Full Auto in savage worlds works such as different guns have different rate of fire(ROF) from 1-5 and each player has a different shooting skill which have different die types they roll. For the Full Auto action party members roll the ROF number of their their shooting skill die type and a d6 and keep the ROF high number of rolls -2. This is for ROF's of 2+ What I'd like is something like: /roll {{?ROF|0}d{?Shooting|0}!,d6!}k{?ROF|0}-2 This roughly works but its difficult to keep track of what the totals end up with due to the exploding dice. It results in something like /roll {3d4!-2,d6!}-2 = (1+ 4 + 4 +2+3)+( 5 )-2=11 which looks like the kept rolls should be 4,4,5 -2 but in actuality it should be 10,5,3-2. is it possible to get 1 macro to make this work or am I going to have to have 4 different macros to accomplish this, one for ROF 2,3,4, and 5?

Edited 1382860388
Gauss
Forum Champion
To simplify this you want: {XdY!, 1d6!}kZ -2 ?? The problem with this is that when Z is a 2 or higher it will keep both the XdY! and the 1d6! grouped rolls. So what I am not sure about, do you need to keep the highest rolls out of XdY! and 1d6! or the highest rolls WITHIN XdY! and then take the higher of XdY! and 1d6!? - Gauss
Ok so say the ROF is 3 so i'm going to end up rolling 4 exploding dice and I need the 3 highest rolls after exploding, either all three from the shooting dice, or 2 from there or 1 from the d6. The d6 can replace one of the shooting rolls but only if its higher So the results from my first post should look like 3d4!=(1)+(4+4+2)+(3) and the d6!=(5) with the top 3 results being 10=(4+4+2), 5, and the 3. Not the 5 and two 4's. Those 4's are actually part of the same roll and should not be individually counted.

Edited 1382865452
Gauss
Forum Champion
Try this: /roll {?{ROF|0}d?{Shooting|0}! +d6!}k?{ROF|0}-2 - Gauss
I guess I can get it to work better some what like this: ROF=3 /roll {dx,dx,dx,d6}k3 But I'm wondering if there is a way to specify the number of dx's without having to resort to multiple macros or having 12 redundant query boxes pop up?

Edited 1382865562
Gauss
Forum Champion
I think I finally understand what you want, you don't want exploding dice, you want compounding exploding dice. When you roll 3d4! you get 1, 4, 4, 2, and 3. They are not grouped in any fashion. However, to you, the dice being rolled are 1, 4+4+2, and 3. The 4 is rerolled twice. To confirm, you want the 4+4+2 presented as one number (10)? If that is the case try this: /roll {?{ROF|0}d?{Shooting|0}!! +d6!!}k?{ROF|0}-2 - Gauss
Yes that does work much better, thanks.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Let us know if you need further help. :) - Gauss