Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Game - LFP

I am currently hosting a game of MHR and I am looking for 1-2 more players to join in. We are playing on sundays, at 6pm GMT (or 40 minutes before this post was made). You are going to get to create your own heroes, and the game takes place in a marvel universe somewhat similar to the normal canon one, but the main difference there is that the superheroics are pretty new to the public's eyes. The general tone is intended as somewhat lighthearted superheroics fun, something like the avengers movies. There may be depictions of death, torture or other cruelty if it comes to that, but no needlessly explicit gore or other things. I am looking for people who wants to play heroes, but you may be something like anti-heroes that works outside of the law, if you want to be a sort of Punisher/Wolverine character, or if your character just doesn't mind killing. Depending on how the game goes, I might create solos for the characters as well, wherein their personal stories might develop further, but first and foremost I will focus on the main weekly game We have only had 1 session so far, and the villain so far is the Green Goblin and a bunch of goblinoid gangers. I can give more of a recap in the actual game. So write if you're interested in joining a marvel game and I'll get back to you. I will probably PM you to ask you to give some sort of rp example and answer a few questions. This is to get a good group together.
DIBS ON DEADPOOL XD
The main question that I have to ask, which I tend to ask of any game in the LFG that piques my interest...  Is this a voice game, or a text game?  I'm assuming voice, but I can always hope that the OP just forgot to mention that it's text.
Aaron: In my game you create your own heroes, rather than take canon ones. The canon ones exist, so you might run into Deadpool, but you will make your own character. Megan: I will be gaming in voice, but I will allow text-based rp as well. I have had mix-games before, so I give pause sometimes to specifically let you write if you want.
Dartanous said: Megan: I will be gaming in voice, but I will allow text-based rp as well. I have had mix-games before, so I give pause sometimes to specifically let you write if you want. Shucks.  I doubt that I'd be able to hear what people are saying well enough to keep up, but thanks anyway.
Ah well, shame. Still open for new players
hello, I realise this is a bit short notice. however I would be interested in joining if possible. I haven't played any D&D style games before unfortunately but I have done quite a lot of narrative roleplaying on various websites and have enjoyed it a lot and would like to give something like this a go if you'd be willing to teach me the rules as we play. thanks Muir